Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta joypad pinout?

  • Jens-Eike Hartwig
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
      Joypad pinout:

      ___________
      ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
      ( 6 7 8 9 )
      ---------

      1 = Select JoyController 1
      2 = Select JoyController 2
      3 = SL ( left fire button )
      4 = SR ( right fire button)
      5 = Down
      6 = Left
      7 = Up
      8 = Right
      9 = N.C. (no connection)

      wire colors inside plug:
      1=white (single line to Joy1)
      2=orange (single line to Joy2)
      3=brown (two wires, one to Joy1, the other to Joy2)
      4=green "
      5=black "
      6=blue "
      7=yellow "
      8=red "
      9 (no wire)

      to decouple the two sticks, there is a diode for each switch with the
      cathode towards the select line (six per JoyController):

      Select Joyx -----K|----/----- direction y out

      TI conroller will not work directly, an adapter is needed, and there is
      no second fire button...

      GreeTIngs

      Jens-Eike
    • haohmaruus
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
        Cool, thanks! I'll wire up an adapter to use an MSX or SMS controller
        (no need for two joypads. Suprisingly difficult to find somebody
        willing to play Tomy Tutor games with you) and give it a try.
      • Kanton Levine
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 16, 2007
          ooooooooooooh, you beat me on those! Seems to be more Pyuuta stuff
          than usual lately...