Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta joypad pinout?

  • haohmaruus
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
      I tried using TI-99 joysticks with the GRAPHIC program, and nothing
      happened. But maybe the Pyuuta Jr. version of GRAPHIC won't work with
      Joystick input. Also, my TI-99 joysticks are pretty old and worn, so
      maybe they just aren't making contact. I made a TI-to-Atari adapter,
      I'll probably try that next.

      And it's also possible that the Joystick port on my Pyuuta Jr. just
      doesn't work. I intend to figure out the pinout once I have some games
      to play.
    • Jens-Eike Hartwig
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
        Joypad pinout:

        ___________
        ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
        ( 6 7 8 9 )
        ---------

        1 = Select JoyController 1
        2 = Select JoyController 2
        3 = SL ( left fire button )
        4 = SR ( right fire button)
        5 = Down
        6 = Left
        7 = Up
        8 = Right
        9 = N.C. (no connection)

        wire colors inside plug:
        1=white (single line to Joy1)
        2=orange (single line to Joy2)
        3=brown (two wires, one to Joy1, the other to Joy2)
        4=green "
        5=black "
        6=blue "
        7=yellow "
        8=red "
        9 (no wire)

        to decouple the two sticks, there is a diode for each switch with the
        cathode towards the select line (six per JoyController):

        Select Joyx -----K|----/----- direction y out

        TI conroller will not work directly, an adapter is needed, and there is
        no second fire button...

        GreeTIngs

        Jens-Eike
      • haohmaruus
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
          Cool, thanks! I'll wire up an adapter to use an MSX or SMS controller
          (no need for two joypads. Suprisingly difficult to find somebody
          willing to play Tomy Tutor games with you) and give it a try.
        • Kanton Levine
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 16, 2007
            ooooooooooooh, you beat me on those! Seems to be more Pyuuta stuff
            than usual lately...