Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta joypad pinout?

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
      > Has the original question
      > >>joystick. Does anybody know the pinout of the Pyuuta joystick port so
      > >>I can build an adapter or something?
      > been answered yet?
      >
      > If not, I can try with my joy controllers and an ohmmeter later tonight.

      Don't think so and I would love a definite answer myself (especially with
      your reputation in the TI community :).

      -- Gravity is a myth. The Earth just sucks. -----------------------------------
    • haohmaruus
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
        I tried using TI-99 joysticks with the GRAPHIC program, and nothing
        happened. But maybe the Pyuuta Jr. version of GRAPHIC won't work with
        Joystick input. Also, my TI-99 joysticks are pretty old and worn, so
        maybe they just aren't making contact. I made a TI-to-Atari adapter,
        I'll probably try that next.

        And it's also possible that the Joystick port on my Pyuuta Jr. just
        doesn't work. I intend to figure out the pinout once I have some games
        to play.
      • Jens-Eike Hartwig
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
          Joypad pinout:

          ___________
          ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
          ( 6 7 8 9 )
          ---------

          1 = Select JoyController 1
          2 = Select JoyController 2
          3 = SL ( left fire button )
          4 = SR ( right fire button)
          5 = Down
          6 = Left
          7 = Up
          8 = Right
          9 = N.C. (no connection)

          wire colors inside plug:
          1=white (single line to Joy1)
          2=orange (single line to Joy2)
          3=brown (two wires, one to Joy1, the other to Joy2)
          4=green "
          5=black "
          6=blue "
          7=yellow "
          8=red "
          9 (no wire)

          to decouple the two sticks, there is a diode for each switch with the
          cathode towards the select line (six per JoyController):

          Select Joyx -----K|----/----- direction y out

          TI conroller will not work directly, an adapter is needed, and there is
          no second fire button...

          GreeTIngs

          Jens-Eike
        • haohmaruus
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
            Cool, thanks! I'll wire up an adapter to use an MSX or SMS controller
            (no need for two joypads. Suprisingly difficult to find somebody
            willing to play Tomy Tutor games with you) and give it a try.
          • Kanton Levine
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 16, 2007
              ooooooooooooh, you beat me on those! Seems to be more Pyuuta stuff
              than usual lately...