Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Re: Pyuuta Jr. Innards

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2005
      > I'll try those out when I get home from work and let you know.
      > Anything else? Do any of the Pyuuta/Tutor emulators support the Pyuuta
      > Jr? Because I do have an EPROM reader and I *might* be willing to risk
      > desoldering the ROM from the thing and dumping it. But only after I've
      > had the thing for a few months and thoroughly enjoyed all the games,
      > in case I end up screwing it up.

      Absolutely -- that was why I was very antsy about desoldering the ROMs
      out of my Pyuuta. (The Pyuuta II has the same ROMs as the American Tutor,
      fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your point of view.)

      The graphic mode just looks so much different that I'm trying to figure out
      how it works. When you're able to get that screenshot of MONitor mode, that
      would complete the photography I think :)

      No emulator supports the Jr, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although
      the CLA is different, the base architecture should be compatible enough to
      allow the ROM to boot. It might not work right in a Tomy Tutor emulator if
      a cartridge were present, but it should still come up into GRAPHIC mode if
      one were not.

      > Also, I'll keep an eye open for another Pyuuta Jr. If I see one, I'll
      > let you know. Do you have some price limit in mind? The boxed ones
      > seem to go for way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the
      > loose ones.

      I imagine so -_- at this point, I'd be happy to get *any* unit. I'm very
      flexible about prices and I can draw up international money orders in yen
      (my Pyuuta and Ultimax were Japanese imports from Aki), so I've done
      these kinds of things before. I just need a lead on one ...

      Thanks so much for entertaining my little fandom seizure on this. :)

      -- If you're not very clever, you should be conciliatory. -- Benjamin Disraeli
    • haohmaruus
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2005
        Okie doke, here's a picture of the MONITOR:

        http://www.geocities.com/haohmaruus/pyuutamon.jpg

        I'll try out those commands you were asking about tomorrow.