I have an enormous

    Message 1 of 93 , Jul 30, 2001
      I have an enormous stack of old newsletters from
      the original Tomy Tutor User Club.<br><br>Have you
      thought about getting in touch with the original club? It
      was run by a guy named Eugene C. Dinovo. He lived in
      Southern California; might still be there.<br><br>A long
      time ago, I made all sorts of lists of stuff for the
      Tomy Tutor, including a list of the BASIC tokens. It's
      a pretty good BASIC. Cameron has a similar token
      list on his website.<br><br>The SCELL command can be
      used to overwrite parts of VRAM. A long time ago, I
      wrote programs which would show all the colors, and
      sprites.<br><br>The chardef base is the same as the base of the
      screen (which is the same as the base of VRAM). From TT
      BASIC, that means that in a limited fashion, characters
      160-255 can be customized. I remember writing a program
      which would plot lines, circles, and regular
      polygons.<br><br>Bug me about those. I might be able to find my
      cassette, and digitize the best programs from it.<br><br>Oh
      the fun I had. I played with the Tomy Tutor for,
      like, months in summer 1984. My Tomy Tutor's box was
      destroyed in a flood a couple of years ago, but the
      computer itself was still working okay last time I tried
      it.<br><br>It seems that more info on the system is finding its
      way onto the Internet. I'm hoping that there'll some
      day be enough so I can write an emulator. While the
      Tomy Tutor was not the computer of my childhood
      (that'd be more the VIC-20), I was very fond of the
      system -- AND, I WAS THE BEST AT HYPERSPACE THERE EVER
      WAS, SO THERE.
      Message 93 of 93 , Mar 2, 2002