Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Re: Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta joypad pinout?

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 4, 2005
      If you can provide me screenshots for

      > Bermuda Triangle
      > Don Pan
      > Triple Command
      > Mystery Gold

      I would very, very much appreciate it! I'm trying to confirm a few things
      about these games. The screenshots will be put onto the catalogue here:

      http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/carts.html

      > All Japanese versions. And there's one more that's missing a label,
      > so who knows what it'll turn out to be.

      I will be interested to hear :)

      -- Quote me as saying I was misquoted. -- Groucho Marx ------------------------
    • haohmaruus
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 4, 2005
        Sure, I'd be happy to. I also owe you pictures of the motherboard. I
        haven't really touched the Pyuuta since I got it (on account of
        having no games and having other cool stuff to play with), but once
        I've got those games I'll get you your pictures. I don't know if I
        can get actually do screen capturing, but I'll at least take
        pictures with a digital camera.

        --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@f...>

        http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ --
        ------------
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 4, 2005
          > Sure, I'd be happy to. I also owe you pictures of the motherboard. I
          > haven't really touched the Pyuuta since I got it (on account of
          > having no games and having other cool stuff to play with), but once
          > I've got those games I'll get you your pictures. I don't know if I
          > can get actually do screen capturing, but I'll at least take
          > pictures with a digital camera.

          Whatever you can provide would be wonderful. Let me know.

          -- The only abnormality is the inability to love. -- Anais Nin ----------------
        • Jens-Eike Hartwig
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
            Has the original question

            >>joystick. Does anybody know the pinout of the Pyuuta joystick port so
            >>I can build an adapter or something?

            been answered yet?

            If not, I can try with my joy controllers and an ohmmeter later tonight.

            GreeTIngs

            Jens-Eike
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
              > Has the original question
              > >>joystick. Does anybody know the pinout of the Pyuuta joystick port so
              > >>I can build an adapter or something?
              > been answered yet?
              >
              > If not, I can try with my joy controllers and an ohmmeter later tonight.

              Don't think so and I would love a definite answer myself (especially with
              your reputation in the TI community :).

              -- Gravity is a myth. The Earth just sucks. -----------------------------------
            • haohmaruus
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
                I tried using TI-99 joysticks with the GRAPHIC program, and nothing
                happened. But maybe the Pyuuta Jr. version of GRAPHIC won't work with
                Joystick input. Also, my TI-99 joysticks are pretty old and worn, so
                maybe they just aren't making contact. I made a TI-to-Atari adapter,
                I'll probably try that next.

                And it's also possible that the Joystick port on my Pyuuta Jr. just
                doesn't work. I intend to figure out the pinout once I have some games
                to play.
              • Jens-Eike Hartwig
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
                  Joypad pinout:

                  ___________
                  ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
                  ( 6 7 8 9 )
                  ---------

                  1 = Select JoyController 1
                  2 = Select JoyController 2
                  3 = SL ( left fire button )
                  4 = SR ( right fire button)
                  5 = Down
                  6 = Left
                  7 = Up
                  8 = Right
                  9 = N.C. (no connection)

                  wire colors inside plug:
                  1=white (single line to Joy1)
                  2=orange (single line to Joy2)
                  3=brown (two wires, one to Joy1, the other to Joy2)
                  4=green "
                  5=black "
                  6=blue "
                  7=yellow "
                  8=red "
                  9 (no wire)

                  to decouple the two sticks, there is a diode for each switch with the
                  cathode towards the select line (six per JoyController):

                  Select Joyx -----K|----/----- direction y out

                  TI conroller will not work directly, an adapter is needed, and there is
                  no second fire button...

                  GreeTIngs

                  Jens-Eike
                • haohmaruus
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 10, 2005
                    Cool, thanks! I'll wire up an adapter to use an MSX or SMS controller
                    (no need for two joypads. Suprisingly difficult to find somebody
                    willing to play Tomy Tutor games with you) and give it a try.
                  • Kanton Levine
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 16, 2007
                      ooooooooooooh, you beat me on those! Seems to be more Pyuuta stuff
                      than usual lately...