Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Re: How much is this thing worth? Is it rare?

  • Davey Brain
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
      swap_and_shop wrote:
      > Hi.
      >
      > Sounds like you have a nice system there. Are Tomy Tutor's rare?
      > Not really. I would say that for anybody that wants one, they can
      > usually be found on Ebay if one is patient, on a regular basis.
      > During the course of a month, you might see 3 or 4 Tomy Tutor
      > systems show up for auction. For the serious, long term collector,
      > everything you have is rather common.
      >
      > Tomy Tutor's usually go for around $35.00 to $45.00 If they include
      > a few games and a cassette player.
      >
      > Since yours is an all boxed system and would appear to be in
      > excellent condition, yours should go higher..

      S&S,
      And that's a shame. Only two years ago they went for $75-100 working. I
      bought two w/o boxes and spent about $140 without any games. The nicer
      one I owned had a capacitor melt-down. I repaired it but the ROM was
      damaged. Altogether I'd say I spent almost $300 on Tomy Tutor stuff and
      still don't have Frogger!

      But I privately bought a TI-99/4 (no a) in the box for $75 and was
      offered $150 just for the box! And you don't want to know what I've been
      offered (& refused) for the Aquarius 32K RAM from Australia that I
      bought on eBay for $11.00. Then there's my early ROM (white on black
      screen) Panasonic JR200 (no U) that I got cheap...

      Of course the way things are going right now I may soon be selling all
      my classic computer equipment. Times change eh?
      WarpDavey
      --
      Davey Brain
      "What it boils down to is I'm tired of hiding. I love my boyfriend and I

      Uptime is since the last storm
      This OS/2 uptime is 0 d 09 h 38 m 32 seconds
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
        Davey,

        Nice to hear from you. Yes, prices have fallen a great deal in the
        last couple of years. I blame it on the recession and 9-11. Even I
        have stopped buying as much as I used to. I think everybody is
        being cautious now. I too have contemplated selling a few items in
        my collection..

        Oh, I can imagine what you have been offered for that 32k
        cartridge! I still have one myself.. My boxed one got sold long
        ago..

        Send me a private email sometime.

        mwa26@...