How much is this thing worth? Is it rare?

  • furr4202000
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
      I just recently acquired a Tomy Tutor, mint condition, in the box,
      all manuals and cables, Scramble, Hyperspace and Traffic Jam games
      with manuals in the box...the casette recorder mint condition in the
      box w/manuals, the controllers in the box and all the cables. I
      wanna know more!!! How rare, and how much would my setup sell for?
      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
        Hi.

        Sounds like you have a nice system there. Are Tomy Tutor's rare?
        Not really. I would say that for anybody that wants one, they can
        usually be found on Ebay if one is patient, on a regular basis.
        During the course of a month, you might see 3 or 4 Tomy Tutor
        systems show up for auction. For the serious, long term collector,
        everything you have is rather common.

        Tomy Tutor's usually go for around $35.00 to $45.00 If they include
        a few games and a cassette player.

        Since yours is an all boxed system and would appear to be in
        excellent condition, yours should go higher..

        --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, furr4202000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I just recently acquired a Tomy Tutor, mint condition, in the box,
        > all manuals and cables, Scramble, Hyperspace and Traffic Jam games
        > with manuals in the box...the casette recorder mint condition in
        the
        > box w/manuals, the controllers in the box and all the cables. I
        > wanna know more!!! How rare, and how much would my setup sell for?
        > Thanks!
      • Davey Brain
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
          swap_and_shop wrote:
          > Hi.
          >
          > Sounds like you have a nice system there. Are Tomy Tutor's rare?
          > Not really. I would say that for anybody that wants one, they can
          > usually be found on Ebay if one is patient, on a regular basis.
          > During the course of a month, you might see 3 or 4 Tomy Tutor
          > systems show up for auction. For the serious, long term collector,
          > everything you have is rather common.
          >
          > Tomy Tutor's usually go for around $35.00 to $45.00 If they include
          > a few games and a cassette player.
          >
          > Since yours is an all boxed system and would appear to be in
          > excellent condition, yours should go higher..

          S&S,
          And that's a shame. Only two years ago they went for $75-100 working. I
          bought two w/o boxes and spent about $140 without any games. The nicer
          one I owned had a capacitor melt-down. I repaired it but the ROM was
          damaged. Altogether I'd say I spent almost $300 on Tomy Tutor stuff and
          still don't have Frogger!

          But I privately bought a TI-99/4 (no a) in the box for $75 and was
          offered $150 just for the box! And you don't want to know what I've been
          offered (& refused) for the Aquarius 32K RAM from Australia that I
          bought on eBay for $11.00. Then there's my early ROM (white on black
          screen) Panasonic JR200 (no U) that I got cheap...

          Of course the way things are going right now I may soon be selling all
          my classic computer equipment. Times change eh?
          WarpDavey
          --
          Davey Brain
          "What it boils down to is I'm tired of hiding. I love my boyfriend and I

          Uptime is since the last storm
          This OS/2 uptime is 0 d 09 h 38 m 32 seconds
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
            Davey,

            Nice to hear from you. Yes, prices have fallen a great deal in the
            last couple of years. I blame it on the recession and 9-11. Even I
            have stopped buying as much as I used to. I think everybody is
            being cautious now. I too have contemplated selling a few items in
            my collection..

            Oh, I can imagine what you have been offered for that 32k
            cartridge! I still have one myself.. My boxed one got sold long
            ago..

            Send me a private email sometime.

            mwa26@...