Game Roms!!!

  • slydc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2004
      Hi folks,

      Just read that some of you was looking for some game roms.
      I have found 7 so far (all of them where compressed in ARK
      format). I manage to find a ARK decompressor and finally got
      them in BIN format.

      But what is curious is that there are either 35K or 77K, and
      usually there are supposed to be 32K or 64K....very weird. I'm
      no expert on dumping cartridges or developping softwares, so
      i've put the 7 roms in the "Files" section so if someone can
      do something about these.

      So enjoy them!!!
    • Russ Perry Jr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
        At 7:14 AM +0000 1/12/04, slydc wrote:
        > Just read that some of you was looking for some game roms.
        > I have found 7 so far (all of them where compressed in ARK
        > format). I manage to find a ARK decompressor and finally got
        > them in BIN format.
        >
        > But what is curious is that there are either 35K or 77K, and
        > usually there are supposed to be 32K or 64K....very weird. I'm
        > no expert on dumping cartridges or developping softwares, so
        > i've put the 7 roms in the "Files" section so if someone can
        > do something about these.

        If you look at carrace.bin with a hex editor, there's a bunch
        of stuff about pizza in it. Is that normal?

        I have to admit that the sizes don't sound right, but there's
        some apparent "header" info in the files that look "normal"
        (like "TRAFFIC1" through "TRAFFIC5" in the Traffic Jam ROM.

        But, there are also gaps full of spaces (see 3FC2 through 403B
        for a big one), and the end of the files are a bunch of 00s.
        Possibly these are bad dumps?
        || Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
        || 847-952-9729 slapdash@... [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
          > If you look at carrace.bin with a hex editor, there's a bunch
          > of stuff about pizza in it. Is that normal?

          Yes, that's normal. The game has a portion where you're in a pizzeria
          trying to do mathematics and geometry.

          -- Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you. -----------
        • Russ Perry Jr
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
            At 7:22 AM -0800 1/15/04, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
            >> If you look at carrace.bin with a hex editor, there's a bunch
            >> of stuff about pizza in it. Is that normal?

            >Yes, that's normal. The game has a portion where you're in a pizzeria
            >trying to do mathematics and geometry.

            Okay, I kind of thought that rang a bell, but wasn't sure. It's
            weird that it's the only text I saw though...

            I can't explain why they're the size they are...