Re: Tomy tutor won't enter BASIC programming mode

  • kwoodrg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2003
      I actually have the problem whether a cartride is plugged in or not.
      It isn't that the option doesn't show up, it's that when you select
      it, it acts like it is going to start BASIC, (the screen flickers)
      and then it returns back to the menu screen--really wierd. It almost
      acts like the ROM has been tinkered with and may not be original.
      However, everything else works great--games and all. It's kinda
      frustrating... :(
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2003
        > I actually have the problem whether a cartride is plugged in or not.
        > It isn't that the option doesn't show up, it's that when you select
        > it, it acts like it is going to start BASIC, (the screen flickers)
        > and then it returns back to the menu screen--really wierd. It almost
        > acts like the ROM has been tinkered with and may not be original.
        > However, everything else works great--games and all. It's kinda
        > frustrating... :(

        What ROM version shows up on the startup screen? Virtually all the ones
        I've encountered are version 2.3.

        -- I still think he needs a beating. -- Ukyo, "Ranma 1/2" ---------------------
      • kwoodrg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2003
          I'm not sure off the top of my head. I beleive it is in fact 2.3,
          but I'm gonna check when I get home--I too am familiar with only 2.3
          (actually I didn't know they released any other version), so that
          would be an interesting point... I'll note it here if it is some odd
          ROM version.

          http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ --