interesting cartridge notes

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2003
      Having played with the Pyuuta some more,

      * PLAYER 1,2? must be a ROM routine, not a cartridge-provided routine.
      All of my American games ask it in katakana on the Pyuuta, and in regular
      English on the Tutor (with the same cartridge in). All the other prompts
      are invariant.

      * Car-Azy Racer comes up as Japanese gibberish, though it runs. I'm not
      surprised, since I expected that the lower case replaced the katakana in
      the Tutor's ROMs, but ...

      * Mah-Jongg is Japanese on *both systems*! It must carry its own character
      set with it, because all of the other Japanese-only games I own (Bombman,
      Scramble (JP), etc.), show up garbled on the American Tutor.

      -- This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim. -- M:I ----