Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Enter the Pyuuta

  • Neil Morrison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      From: "Cameron Kaiser" <spectre@...>

      > My Pyuuta is on its way from Hokkaido! (Along with Mah-Jongg,
      Bombman and
      > Traffic Jam (JP).) Pictures will be posted to commemorate the happy
      > occasion when it arrives, and I'm definitely going to create a
      parallel
      > version of Tutti to support it! (I guess I'll call it Pyuuti?)
      >
      > To whomever else out there owns a Pyuuta, I'm curious about how
      well it
      > will react to American voltage. I'm strongly considering getting a
      step-down
      > 115->100V converter just to be safe.

      If this item is designed for 50 cycle power only, run it at no more
      than 5/6 (50/60) of the rated line voltage. Any more than this is
      likely to cause the power transformer to fail.

      Neil
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2003
        > > My Pyuuta is on its way from Hokkaido! (Along with Mah-Jongg, Bombman and
        > > Traffic Jam (JP).) Pictures will be posted to commemorate the happy
        > > occasion when it arrives, and I'm definitely going to create a parallel
        > > version of Tutti to support it! (I guess I'll call it Pyuuti?)
        > >
        > > To whomever else out there owns a Pyuuta, I'm curious about how well it
        > > will react to American voltage. I'm strongly considering getting a
        > > step-down 115->100V converter just to be safe.

        > If this item is designed for 50 cycle power only, run it at no more
        > than 5/6 (50/60) of the rated line voltage. Any more than this is
        > likely to cause the power transformer to fail.

        I thought Japanese power was either 50 /or/ 60 (60Hz in Western Japan,
        50Hz in the East), so that electronics would tolerate either. #Tadashii
        desu ka?

        -- We won. Every computer in the world is basically a Mac now. -- S. Wozniak --