Enter the Pyuuta

    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2003
      My Pyuuta is on its way from Hokkaido! (Along with Mah-Jongg, Bombman and
      Traffic Jam (JP).) Pictures will be posted to commemorate the happy
      occasion when it arrives, and I'm definitely going to create a parallel
      version of Tutti to support it! (I guess I'll call it Pyuuti?)

      To whomever else out there owns a Pyuuta, I'm curious about how well it
      will react to American voltage. I'm strongly considering getting a step-down
      115->100V converter just to be safe.

      What does the plug look like, standard two flat prong style (like the
      American outlets), or something else? Is there a specific converter that
      you've found works well?

      -- Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids. -- Arab proverb ---------------
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2003
        Cameron,

        Congrats on the Pyuuta. Would of bid on it myself, but times are
        tough.. Great find, and glad to see you added this to your
        collection...
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2003
          > Congrats on the Pyuuta. Would of bid on it myself, but times are
          > tough.. Great find, and glad to see you added this to your
          > collection...

          I actually got up at 2:45am to make sure that I won the auction (I would
          have strangled anyone who sniped it :-P).

          Someone unknown to me got the TRON cartridge instead of ks, but otherwise
          the Pyuuta items sold relatively uneventfully.

          -- You cannot have a science without measurement. -- R. W. Hamming ------------
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2003
            My Japanese computers (NEC PC-6001 mkII SR, and Sanyo Wavy-10 MSX)
            use the same two prong we use, and the same voltage.

            http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ --
            -----------
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11, 2003
              > My Japanese computers (NEC PC-6001 mkII SR, and Sanyo Wavy-10 MSX)
              > use the same two prong we use, and the same voltage.

              Matters not, I went and got a 117<->100V transformer anyway (it wasn't
              too expensive, it provides 100W, and it's a little extra insurance to
              make sure I don't fry this thing).

              -- Chaos reigns within/Reflect, repent and reboot;/Order shall return. --------
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2003
                Get the AC equivalent of a voltohmeter to see if your wall is really
                supplying 120, 117, 115, 110, or some other voltage. LOL.