Re: Features and Weaknesses

  • spectrevishnu
    Message 1 of 93 , Sep 7, 2001
      > I think you might be someone I met about a
      year ago<br><br>If you're talking about a C64
      simulation of the Tutor I wrote, you're right
      ;-)<br><br>> The system starts writing to addresses in the
      $40xx range before it crashes and burns<br><br>I agree,
      these are undoubtedly mapped to the mysterious logic
      array on the board. One consideration is keeping all of
      the ROMs in memory and see when it starts to bug out.
      There can't be too much ROM swapping going on to free
      up RAM (unlike a more complicated banking system
      like the C64 or C128) since all the RAM is tied up in
      the VDP, so maybe just outright ignoring all those
      writes should at least allow it to boot from the
      internal ROMs.<br><br>Cartridge ROMs will be another story
      ...<br><br>Yes, I'm still at the same address.
      Message 93 of 93 , Mar 2, 2002