V1.0 of TutorEm!!!!

  • Ian Gledhill
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 10:18 AM
      IT WORKS!

      I've written my first programs in Tutor BASIC and all - cool huh?

      I've uploaded the binary and the source (MSDEV makefiles and stuff for now)
      .

      Be warned though, it's SLOW. It runs >100% on my Athlon 1400+ but there's
      absolutely no timing code in there, and no sound - it's completely
      unoptimised but it _does_ work! I've included the ROMs in the archive too
      so it should just be a matter of unarchive and play!

      Please let me know how you find it and if there's something I've missed.
      I've only owned a tutor a few weeks so I don`t know much about it (though I
      feel I know TMS9995 and the ROM intimately now!).

      For those who are interested, an odd read *or write* goes to the lower byte
      - i.e. MOV @>F0F3, R9 copies the word from >F0F2! There's one hideous bit
      in the ROM which explicitly calls INCT on an odd address!

      Some handy keys in V1.0a:
      F1 starts the debugger and single steps through the code.
      F2 runs in the debugger.
      F5 saves a snapshot.
      F6 loads a snapshot!
      E in the debugger executes the code by leaving the debugger.
      C in the debugger displays the CPU memory and registers.
      V in the debugger displays the VDP memory and registers.

      Left shift is your shift key, Left control is the Alpha lock button. Other
      keys are
      mapped as close to the PC keyboard as I can get (i.e. semi-colon is on
      semi-colon,
      but colon is on the key next to it, apostrophe).

      The SOUND() command doesn`t work yet, BTW - it probably does something
      nasty. The rest
      seems to work ok except for the occasional sprite at the top!

      James (emucompboy) - take a look at the source I've uploaded and rip from
      it what you like - as far as I`m concerned it's all GPL code. I hope it
      helps you understand what's been wrong!

      Thanks for everybody's help - especially Cameron Kaiser whose pages have
      been utterly invaluable to me. Cameron - I`ll take another look through the
      pages and let you know of any corrections (such as the port addresses etc.)

      Next step - optimising a bit. Then sound (the writes to >EE00->EE60 I
      think). Then input.

      If only I had some game ROMs.... but at least now I can write games for the
      Tutor!