What is port @>E000 etc. for?

  • spirantho
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi everybody,

      I`m running my early version of a Tutor emulator and looking at what
      the ROM is doing - I need to trap the graphics calls etc. of course
      and to do that I`m looking at where it's writing in the memory map.

      The http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/hardware.html page says
      that it uses page >8C00/>8C02 but I can`t find any reference to this
      in my disassembly of the ROM, and the emulator appears happy to write
      to location >E000 and >E002, as well as >EE20/60/A0/E0.

      Is the document definitely right? Should I map my TMS9918ANL to the
      >8C00/>8C02 port combo do you reckon? There's possible CPU bugs all
      over the place as I had to write the disassembler and the CPU core
      myself (the CPU is about 60% done!), so I may be wrong, but it all
      seems correct.

      Thanks!

      Ian Gledhill

      IanG@... avatar@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
        The floodgap doc is probably based on TI 99/4a, and may not be valid
        for Tomy Tutor.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
          > The http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/hardware.html page says
          > that it uses page >8C00/>8C02 but I can`t find any reference to this
          > in my disassembly of the ROM, and the emulator appears happy to write
          > to location >E000 and >E002, as well as >EE20/60/A0/E0.

          The hardware spec is partially based on guesses off the TI-99/4A, so it may
          not (necessarily) be correct.

          -- I may have invented CtrlAltDel, but Microsoft made it popular. -- D. Bradley