[Tomy Tutor ] Re: Our computer debate . :)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
      My mom never says that. I have the computers delivered directly to
      my office, so she never finds out.

      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...>
      wrote:
      > And some of us live with a mommy who says things like "one more
      computer
      > and you're outta here" but I keep pushing it :)
      > Davey B.
      >
      > emucompboy wrote:
      > > I want to collect it before you do, but you seem to have a larger
      > > supply of $$$ and space than I do, not to mention a quicker
      finger on
      > > the E-Bay Bid button!
    • David S. Brain
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
        If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
        probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
        AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood for
        "communication automatic super serial" or something.
        Davey B.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
          So I'm thinking that you didn't have to explain to your office
          manager that mysterious packages addressed

          ATTN THE ANIMAL TAMER

          were actually for you!

          wrote:
          > If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
          > probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
          > AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood
          for
          > "communication automatic super serial" or something.
          > Davey B.

        • David S. Brain
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
            No, my knickname at work is well known, but if I said what it was,
            that'd be telling! (and would be way to much information)

            BTW, where'd you come up with "the animal tamer"? Is it from your
            research into those oft-maligned, close relatives of sea-monkeys?

            Davey B.

            emucompboy wrote:
            > So I'm thinking that you didn't have to explain to your office
            > manager that mysterious packages addressed
            >
            > ATTN THE ANIMAL TAMER
            >
            > were actually for you!
            >

            > --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...>
            > wrote:
            >
            >>If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
            >>probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
            >>AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood
            >
            > for
            >
            >>"communication automatic super serial" or something.
            >>Davey B.

            Davey Brain
            dsbrain@...
            http://www.neosplice.com/~dsbrain/

            <<--Unfortunately in Win98 today, Netscape 7.0-->>
            <<--AMD Athlon 1700XP+ S3 ProSavageDDR 4X AGP-->>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2003
              Ultima Online.

              Ultima Online is, in many ways, the best of the large online RPGs,
              despite its age -- more than five years now.

              One thing Ultima Online does is to allow people to choose their own
              names, and it will allow multiple people to select the same name.

              My profession in-game was "animal tamer." I still tame animals,
              although I spend more time with my existing pets -- more "animal
              handler" than tamer these days, due to changes in the game.

              So, I call myself "James the Animal Tamer" to distinguish myself from
              the score or so of other Jameses I've met. (The "character search"
              shows 30 Jameses).

              If you want to see what I'm wearing today, you can find it here:

              http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.pl?
              52616e646f6d49567264a5b3b39a208bcfbcceffe2e5639bd4df9fe075c89f0eb19062
              75d0e3b5686ce4c35339c3cbc4