Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Re: Our computer debate . :)

  • David S. Brain
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2002
      And some of us live with a mommy who says things like "one more computer
      and you're outta here" but I keep pushing it :)
      Davey B.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
        My mom never says that. I have the computers delivered directly to
        my office, so she never finds out.

        --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...>
        wrote:
        > And some of us live with a mommy who says things like "one more
        computer
        > and you're outta here" but I keep pushing it :)
        > Davey B.
        >
        > emucompboy wrote:
        > > I want to collect it before you do, but you seem to have a larger
        > > supply of $$$ and space than I do, not to mention a quicker
        finger on
        > > the E-Bay Bid button!
      • David S. Brain
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
          If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
          probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
          AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood for
          "communication automatic super serial" or something.
          Davey B.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
            So I'm thinking that you didn't have to explain to your office
            manager that mysterious packages addressed

            ATTN THE ANIMAL TAMER

            were actually for you!

            wrote:
            > If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
            > probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
            > AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood
            for
            > "communication automatic super serial" or something.
            > Davey B.

          • David S. Brain
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
              No, my knickname at work is well known, but if I said what it was,
              that'd be telling! (and would be way to much information)

              BTW, where'd you come up with "the animal tamer"? Is it from your
              research into those oft-maligned, close relatives of sea-monkeys?

              Davey B.

              emucompboy wrote:
              > So I'm thinking that you didn't have to explain to your office
              > manager that mysterious packages addressed
              >
              > ATTN THE ANIMAL TAMER
              >
              > were actually for you!
              >

              > --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...>
              > wrote:
              >
              >>If I had old computers delivered to my job, the head of IT would
              >>probably think they were a new part and try to hook them up to the
              >>AS/400...he'd look at the port labeled "CASS" and think it stood
              >
              > for
              >
              >>"communication automatic super serial" or something.
              >>Davey B.

              Davey Brain
              dsbrain@...
              http://www.neosplice.com/~dsbrain/

              <<--Unfortunately in Win98 today, Netscape 7.0-->>
              <<--AMD Athlon 1700XP+ S3 ProSavageDDR 4X AGP-->>
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2003
                Ultima Online.

                Ultima Online is, in many ways, the best of the large online RPGs,
                despite its age -- more than five years now.

                One thing Ultima Online does is to allow people to choose their own
                names, and it will allow multiple people to select the same name.

                My profession in-game was "animal tamer." I still tame animals,
                although I spend more time with my existing pets -- more "animal
                handler" than tamer these days, due to changes in the game.

                So, I call myself "James the Animal Tamer" to distinguish myself from
                the score or so of other Jameses I've met. (The "character search"
                shows 30 Jameses).

                If you want to see what I'm wearing today, you can find it here:

                http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.pl?
                52616e646f6d49567264a5b3b39a208bcfbcceffe2e5639bd4df9fe075c89f0eb19062
                75d0e3b5686ce4c35339c3cbc4