Re: [Tomy Tutor] NEC Trek

  • Russ Perry Jr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
      At 1:50 AM +0000 9/27/02, emucompboy wrote:
      > If you want to see the emulator, go to http://www.geocities.com/emucompboy

      The page doesn't say, but I assume these emulators are for the PC?
      I don't suppose there are Mac versions of the NEC Trek emulator and
      others?

      ---

      At 1:18 AM +0000 9/30/02, swap_and_shop wrote:
      >The Nec Trek is fairly rare in terms of finding it on Ebay. You can
      >go months before you will ever see one.

      Are there other sources of acquiring these and/or cartridges for it?

      >My Nec Trek is very nice and is in excellent condition, boxed,
      >manuals, and also a Nec Trek Price guide and catalog, there were
      >quite a few carts and other devices planned. Towards the end, NEC
      >appears to have dumped the entire system, as the carts sold direct
      >from NEC for next to NOTHING.. I'll have to open mine up and see
      >what the price guide said again.

      I wouldn't mind seeing a list of carts that were released for it...

      >I am really looking to collect more Nec Trek Carts, I would really
      >like to get my hands on Shamus.

      Yeah, great game anyway...

      >I will say the Nec Trek has been perhaps one of the most affordable
      >computers to collect.

      Well, I'd love to hear about where I might find one I guess...

      >Another computer that is very affordable and easy to collect is the
      >Panasonic JR 200U.. This computer is another one of my favorites.

      Yeah, it's very attractive. It didn't take carts though, did it?
      || Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
      || 847-952-9729 slapdash@... VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2002
        Ah, my emulators are for Windows 98 with DirectX 7.

        All of the software for the Panasonic JR-200U that we know about came
        on cassettes. The "expansion port" was supposedly to be used for
        things like memory expansion, disk drive interface, and the like,
        none of which were marketed in the U.S. so far as we know.