Nec Trek

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2002
      The Nec Trek is fairly rare in terms of finding it on Ebay. You can
      go months before you will ever see one. Unfortunately the Nec Trek
      is not very desirable. They often sell for around $50.00 or so.

      My Nec Trek is very nice and is in excellent condition, boxed,
      manuals, and also a Nec Trek Price guide and catalog, there were
      quite a few carts and other devices planned. Towards the end, NEC
      appears to have dumped the entire system, as the carts sold direct
      from NEC for next to NOTHING.. I'll have to open mine up and see
      what the price guide said again.

      I have never seen any of the other hardware devices on Ebay. I know
      somebody here owns the light pen.
      I myself own 4 carts, Canyon Climber box and one that is not boxed,
      Meteor Evader, and Tumble Bugs.

      I am really looking to collect more Nec Trek Carts, I would really
      like to get my hands on Shamus.

      I will say the Nec Trek has been perhaps one of the most affordable
      computers to collect.

      Another computer that is very affordable and easy to collect is the
      Panasonic JR 200U.. This computer is another one of my favorites.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2002
        I have the Touch Panel and the Expansion Unit hardware. I disabled
        the "auto reset" on one of the Expansion Unit's cartridge slots, so I
        could use it for plugging in cartridges live, so I could make ROM
        image files from them.

        The seller for those was surfdaddy.com. He also had a thermal
        printer, and the demo disk, which I passed on (he wanted $30 for the
        printer, or $100 for all his remaining NEC stuff). Who knows, he
        might still have those. Looks like his website is now an online
        pharmacy though. If you're really interested, you might want to e-
        mail him anyway.

        I have Canyon Climber, Crowley Manor, Electric Pencil, Extended
        BASIC, Micropainter, Music Editor, and Touch Panel cartridges.

        If you could make images of your cartridges which are not on that
        list, I'll add them to the emulator collection next time I update it:
        www.geocities.com/emucompboy