anybody have boxed cartridges for trade?

  • atari_trader
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2002
      Hello! Does anybody here have any boxed Tomy Tutor cartridges for
      trade? Or even just loose boxes or intructions for trade or sale?
      Please reply of you have any surplus for sale or trade.

      On an unrelated note, check out ebay auction #2054963068
      It is a "NEC Trek" computer, anybody here have one of these? I am
      not sure how rare a machine it is, but it even comes with a "Canyon
      Climber" game cartridge. I will be looking forward to receiving this.

      Matthew
    • Russ Perry Jr
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2002
        At 4:06 AM +0000 9/24/02, atari_trader wrote:
        >On an unrelated note, check out ebay auction #2054963068

        Oh, dammit!

        > It is a "NEC Trek" computer, anybody here have one of these?

        No, but I wouldn't mind finding one!

        > I am not sure how rare a machine it is

        I think it's fairly rare, since it doesn't come up very often.

        > but it even comes with a "Canyon Climber" game cartridge.

        I have one cart at least... "The Curse Of Crowley Manor".
        I'd love to find more. The person who I got the one from
        may have thrown out others. :-(

        > I will be looking forward to receiving this.

        Well, if you ever get tired of it...
        || Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
        || 847-952-9729 slapdash@... VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
          Several of us have NEC TREK computers. If you'd like to go to the
          more generic home computer forum, here's the link:

          If you want to see the emulator, go to
          www.geocities.com/emucompboy
          and it also comes with the Canyon Climber game.

          The NEC TREK was sold at about the same time, and in the same places,
          as the Tomy Tutor.

          --- In tomytutor@y..., atari_trader <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hello! Does anybody here have any boxed Tomy Tutor cartridges for
          > trade? Or even just loose boxes or intructions for trade or sale?
          > Please reply of you have any surplus for sale or trade.
          >
          > On an unrelated note, check out ebay auction #2054963068
          > It is a "NEC Trek" computer, anybody here have one of these? I am
          > not sure how rare a machine it is, but it even comes with a "Canyon
          > Climber" game cartridge. I will be looking forward to receiving
          this.

          > Matthew
        • Russ Perry Jr
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
            At 1:50 AM +0000 9/27/02, emucompboy wrote:
            > If you want to see the emulator, go to http://www.geocities.com/emucompboy

            The page doesn't say, but I assume these emulators are for the PC?
            I don't suppose there are Mac versions of the NEC Trek emulator and
            others?

            ---

            At 1:18 AM +0000 9/30/02, swap_and_shop wrote:
            >The Nec Trek is fairly rare in terms of finding it on Ebay. You can
            >go months before you will ever see one.

            Are there other sources of acquiring these and/or cartridges for it?

            >My Nec Trek is very nice and is in excellent condition, boxed,
            >manuals, and also a Nec Trek Price guide and catalog, there were
            >quite a few carts and other devices planned. Towards the end, NEC
            >appears to have dumped the entire system, as the carts sold direct
            >from NEC for next to NOTHING.. I'll have to open mine up and see
            >what the price guide said again.

            I wouldn't mind seeing a list of carts that were released for it...

            >I am really looking to collect more Nec Trek Carts, I would really
            >like to get my hands on Shamus.

            Yeah, great game anyway...

            >I will say the Nec Trek has been perhaps one of the most affordable
            >computers to collect.

            Well, I'd love to hear about where I might find one I guess...

            >Another computer that is very affordable and easy to collect is the
            >Panasonic JR 200U.. This computer is another one of my favorites.

            Yeah, it's very attractive. It didn't take carts though, did it?
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2002
              Ah, my emulators are for Windows 98 with DirectX 7.

              All of the software for the Panasonic JR-200U that we know about came
              on cassettes. The "expansion port" was supposedly to be used for
              things like memory expansion, disk drive interface, and the like,
              none of which were marketed in the U.S. so far as we know.