Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Slow in here.

  • David S. Brain
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11 1:55 AM
      I'm here...just busy setting up my new Athlon XP1700+ system for triple
      boot, Linux, Win98 and OS/2 Warp 4; and pursuing a new love interest
      :). The most I've done lately with any other system is read email on my
      old PC and play a few games on my Atari 800XL. If anyone has any great
      new discoveries on the Tomy let us know and I'll put away the Atari and
      haul out my Tutor!

      Davey B.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12 11:55 AM
        I'm here, but devoting more time to taming animals than to messing
        with emulators.

        I wish I had a scanner with OCR software, though. That'd make it
        easy to get docs up on the web, right?

        --- In tomytutor@y..., "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...> wrote:
        > > Anybody home?
      • David S. Brain
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12 3:11 PM
          James,
          On my old computer the Adobe software was agonizingly slow and prone to
          crashing so I avoided anything in .pdf format. That's why I actually
          typed the docs for the Aquarius and MC-10 in text format and put them on
          my website. I started on the TS1000 and TI-99 docs but never finished
          them. I don't own the book for the Tomy Tutor so I can't even begin to
          do that. I have a scanner but OCR was also slow and didn't work very
          well. Come winter I might get back to my docs project, including the
          aforementioned books and the JR200U manual.

          Davey Brain
          PS: If anyone has the Tomy book and wants to copy it for me I can see
          about getting it up too.