Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Recent Tomy Tutor Discoveries

  • Russ Perry Jr
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2002
      At 11:50 PM +0000 5/30/02, swap_and_shop wrote:
      >1) Tomy Tutor Demonstration Cartridge.--- This is mentioned in the
      >Tomy Tutor Newsletter. Surprise Surprise!

      I found a picture of the Japanese version, just endlabel-wise, but
      with some other carts too. Should I upload it to the files area?
      || Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
      || 847-952-9729 slapdash@... VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2002
        Yes, by all means Russ, please send them to the photo gallery or files
        area, you can create your own folder if you want...

        The Swap

        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2002
          > 2) Apparently a club member published a Tomy Tutor Book. This
          would
          > probably not have an ISBN number, and there are various ways to
          > publish a "book". It could be nothing more than typewritten pages
          > that were spiral bound... More info on this will follow..

          Think you might be referring to the tutorial written by Dr. Dinovo.
          I have a couple of chapters of this. It was pages printed out on his
          dot matrix printer, then xeroxed.

          > 3) Tomy Tutor Game Cassettes... These apparently were basic
          programs
          > that club members programmed and then sold through the club
          newsletter
          > for about $10.00. The cassette titles do not appear to be very
          > original, just adaptations of basic programs from other computer
          > systems.

          I had one of these, a cassette with two GBASIC programs. I could
          never get it to load. I don't know where I put it in the intervening
          years (17 years, now). Too bad; with what I know now, I could
          probably resurrect the picture at least.

          > It looks to me that the Tomy Tutor Newsletter lasted about a year
          and
          > a half.

          ==
          If the copying machine here ever gets fixed, I'll send you and Davey
          what I have -- I also have the pinout diagram for one of the ports,
          as well as the schematic for the printer interface. Cameron already
          has copies of what I've got, made before the demise of the copier.

          And, of course, I have some of the listings of BASIC programs, that
          you could get by mailing one of the members. I've put some of those
          in the FILES area
          <==

          Try typing them in!
          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2002
            > If the copying machine here ever gets fixed, I'll send you and Davey
            > what I have -- I also have the pinout diagram for one of the ports,
            > as well as the schematic for the printer interface. Cameron already
            > has copies of what I've got, made before the demise of the copier.

            I still have to load the information from them onto Little Orphan. I do
            not have access to a (free) copy machine, unfortunately. :-/

            -- My Pink Floyd code: v1.2a s BO 1/0/pw tinG 0? 0 Relics 2 8 <6mar98> --------
          • Russ Perry Jr
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
              At 3:15 PM +0000 5/31/02, swap_and_shop wrote:
              >Yes, by all means Russ, please send them to the photo gallery or files
              >area, you can create your own folder if you want...

              I just added the pic to the main Photos area.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                Is this your personal Pyuuta cart collection?

                If so, you have an interesting collection. Thanks for the pic!

                What does the demonstration cartridge have on it?

                The Swap
              • slapdash
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                  On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, swap_and_shop wrote:
                  > Is this your personal Pyuuta cart collection?

                  Sadly, no. I grabbed the pic from an auction.

                  > What does the demonstration cartridge have on it?

                  I don't know that either. That's the first I'd seen of it, which is
                  why I saved the pic. :-)