Re: Off topic but Attack of the Clones rules!

    Message 1 of 5 , May 21 10:55 AM
      Well, the Tomy Tutor seems to be a sort of clone of the TI 99/4A.
      This is kind of a shame, 'cause a VPEEK and VPOKE command would have
      made the Tomy Tutor more useful.

      P.S. Animated GIFs suck. I wish Internet Explorer had a
      checkbox, "do not animate animated GIFs." I can barely type, 'cause
      MS I-Explorer is too busy animating the ad above, "Message Alert."

      Message 2 of 5 , May 21 4:42 PM
        > P.S. Animated GIFs suck. I wish Internet Explorer had a
        > checkbox, "do not animate animated GIFs." I can barely type, 'cause
        > MS I-Explorer is too busy animating the ad above, "Message Alert."

        Continuing the OT, Mac IE 5.0 does.

        -- A pedestal is as much a prison as any small, confined space. -- G. Steinem -
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21 5:29 PM
          Doesn't that make me wish I wrote emulators which ran on MacIntosh*!

          *IBM stands for "I Bought MacIntosh"

          Yappa dappa fruity-licious!

          ==
          Dagnabbit, all these emulators, and I still can't write one for the
          Tomy Tutor! And you know, the Tomy Tutor is the one computer I
          really wanted to write one for!

          --- In tomytutor@y..., Cameron Kaiser <spectre@s...> wrote:
          > > P.S. Animated GIFs suck. I wish Internet Explorer had a
          > > checkbox, "do not animate animated GIFs." I can barely
          type, 'cause
          > > MS I-Explorer is too busy animating the ad above, "Message Alert."
          >
          > Continuing the OT, Mac IE 5.0 does.
        • David S. Brain
          Message 4 of 5 , May 22 1:37 PM
            Hey,
            I don't know what version of M$IE you use, but the earlier versions of
            it allowed you to turn off all graphic loading. You might want to turn
            that off when you're here, then turn it back on when you cruise other
            parts of the web. I've never seen any version of M$IE past 4.X, which
            started crashing my system regularly, so I've switched to Netscape 4.XX
            when I'm in Windows, same as I use when I'm in OS/2. And I do most of
            my Yahoo replies through my email program, so I'm seldom actually at the
            Yahoo groups.

            And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Star Wars ;)

            Davey B.