Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Basic Programing

  • Jeff White
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2002
      "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword list,
      > including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use.
      <snip>

      I have the "YOUR TOMY TUTOR COMPUTER" manual. It is a spiral-bound, 80-odd
      page manual designed to prop-up on the desk and flip through both ways --
      first half on one side of the pages, then turn around the other way to read
      the second half. Kind of like those drink or dessert menus you see at
      restaurants.

      I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too. I have not seen any
      scans of it on the web or ftp sites. As far as the documentation goes, I
      suppose it is sufficient, but not nearly as good as the manuals that came
      with a 99/4A.

      Jeff White
      jhwhite@...
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2002
        > I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too.

        I have two of them, but before I get besieged with requests for the other,
        I'm keeping one in its "pristine" condition and the other is the dogeared
        well-thumbed manual I actually use.

        -- If everyone is abnormal, then no one is. -----------------------------------
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2002
          I have one of the flip-books too. It's only useful as a jumping off
          point; it's incomplete and contains too many inaccuracies.

          If you don't believe me, ask Wizard Kludgefinder, who wrote some of
          the programs in the Files area
          <==

          The BASIC manual doesn't say anything about playing more than one
          note at a time!
        • David S. Brain
          Message 4 of 6 , May 22, 2002
            Hey,
            According to Cameron Kaiser the book (which I've never seen) even
            mentions the use of MID$ (as in M$ BASIC) when the actual statement is
            SEG$, the same as TI BASIC. I've discovered more by applying my
            knowledge of TI BASIC to Tomy BASIC, as they are very similar.

            Davey B.