Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Basic Programing

    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2002
      Have a look at the full keyword list in the files area, as tokens.txt

      <==

      There's no documentation there.

      Someone should redo this list some time.

      TT BASIC is very similar to the BASIC for the TI 99/4a.

      You can see some programming examples in the files area too.

      --- In tomytutor@y..., "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword
      list,
      > including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use. I'm out of
    • Jeff White
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2002
        "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword list,
        > including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use.
        <snip>

        I have the "YOUR TOMY TUTOR COMPUTER" manual. It is a spiral-bound, 80-odd
        page manual designed to prop-up on the desk and flip through both ways --
        first half on one side of the pages, then turn around the other way to read
        the second half. Kind of like those drink or dessert menus you see at
        restaurants.

        I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too. I have not seen any
        scans of it on the web or ftp sites. As far as the documentation goes, I
        suppose it is sufficient, but not nearly as good as the manuals that came
        with a 99/4A.

        Jeff White
        jhwhite@...
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2002
          > I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too.

          I have two of them, but before I get besieged with requests for the other,
          I'm keeping one in its "pristine" condition and the other is the dogeared
          well-thumbed manual I actually use.

          -- If everyone is abnormal, then no one is. -----------------------------------
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2002
            I have one of the flip-books too. It's only useful as a jumping off
            point; it's incomplete and contains too many inaccuracies.

            If you don't believe me, ask Wizard Kludgefinder, who wrote some of
            the programs in the Files area
            <==

            The BASIC manual doesn't say anything about playing more than one
            note at a time!
          • David S. Brain
            Message 5 of 6 , May 22, 2002
              Hey,
              According to Cameron Kaiser the book (which I've never seen) even
              mentions the use of MID$ (as in M$ BASIC) when the actual statement is
              SEG$, the same as TI BASIC. I've discovered more by applying my
              knowledge of TI BASIC to Tomy BASIC, as they are very similar.

              Davey B.