Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Basic Programing

  • David S. Brain
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2002
      Hi,
      I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword list,
      including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use. I'm out of town
      this weekend, but I could send you this list (when I can locate it on my
      HD) or I could post it to the files section here at the club. The list
      BTW is based on a list from Cameron Kaiser with contributions from my
      personal hacking of the Tutor.

      Now I'm off to the Dayton Hamvention for the weekend!
      Davey B.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2002
        Have a look at the full keyword list in the files area, as tokens.txt

        <==

        There's no documentation there.

        Someone should redo this list some time.

        TT BASIC is very similar to the BASIC for the TI 99/4a.

        You can see some programming examples in the files area too.

        --- In tomytutor@y..., "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@n...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword
        list,
        > including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use. I'm out of
      • Jeff White
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2002
          "David S. Brain" <dsbrain@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I don't have the manual, but I have compiled an extensive keyword list,
          > including undocumented keywords, their syntax and use.
          <snip>

          I have the "YOUR TOMY TUTOR COMPUTER" manual. It is a spiral-bound, 80-odd
          page manual designed to prop-up on the desk and flip through both ways --
          first half on one side of the pages, then turn around the other way to read
          the second half. Kind of like those drink or dessert menus you see at
          restaurants.

          I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too. I have not seen any
          scans of it on the web or ftp sites. As far as the documentation goes, I
          suppose it is sufficient, but not nearly as good as the manuals that came
          with a 99/4A.

          Jeff White
          jhwhite@...
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2002
            > I think Cameron Kaiser has a copy of the manual, too.

            I have two of them, but before I get besieged with requests for the other,
            I'm keeping one in its "pristine" condition and the other is the dogeared
            well-thumbed manual I actually use.

            -- If everyone is abnormal, then no one is. -----------------------------------
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2002
              I have one of the flip-books too. It's only useful as a jumping off
              point; it's incomplete and contains too many inaccuracies.

              If you don't believe me, ask Wizard Kludgefinder, who wrote some of
              the programs in the Files area
              <==

              The BASIC manual doesn't say anything about playing more than one
              note at a time!
            • David S. Brain
              Message 6 of 6 , May 22, 2002
                Hey,
                According to Cameron Kaiser the book (which I've never seen) even
                mentions the use of MID$ (as in M$ BASIC) when the actual statement is
                SEG$, the same as TI BASIC. I've discovered more by applying my
                knowledge of TI BASIC to Tomy BASIC, as they are very similar.

                Davey B.