475Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Hi - I've become obsessed over the Tomy Tutor

  • Kanton Levine
    Nov 6, 2007
      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@...> wrote:

      >> I can't find a reason why it wouldn't work, but as you say,
      >
      > > With these consoles being so rare compared to the TI-99/4A, I can
      > > imagine its not an experiment anyone would want to actually try.
      >
      > ... right. I'd hate to be wrong and ruin a 9928, not to mention a
      Tutor.

      Well the 9928 can be obtained for $10.00 at
      http://www.arcadechips.com/product_info.php?products_id=85

      The process has been done successfully by DjPubba on AtariAge forums:
      http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105191&st=75

      The problem is the risk to the Tutor. Once I find one, I don't know
      if I'd be willing to risk it.

      > > Thanks... I'm just glad there is still anyone at all into this
      > > obscure and really fascinating console...
      >
      > It's not really a console, though (except the Pyuuta Jr which
      really *is*
      > a console) -- it was and remains targetted as a computer. It's just
      a shame
      > that Tomy never let it progress very far.

      Sorry, you are correct, it is *not* a console, I just have a bad
      habit of calling it that as my main desire is to use it to play games.

      I do the same thing with the TI-99/4a, even though it's not a console
      either, and I even did loads of Basic programming as a kid. I guess
      because I'm only interested in using them to play games (and to
      preserve them), I may slip and call them consoles...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic