473Re: [Tomy Tutor ] Hi - I've become obsessed over the Tomy Tutor

  • Kanton Levine
    Nov 5, 2007
      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@...> wrote:
      > If anything, the Tutor is most like the 99/8, although it's not a
      > of that either. See
      > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/ti-vs-tomy.html

      Thanks for the link!
      One thing that I noticed was the part on video capabilities:
      Lately some people have been working on replacing the 9918A video
      card on the TI with the 9928 which outputs component rather than
      composite... with at least one success so far but I don't know if
      such a thing is possible (or even desirable) for either the Tutor or
      the Pyuuta's....

      With these consoles being so rare compared to the TI-99/4A, I can
      imagine its not an experiment anyone would want to actually try.

      Somehow I doubt it but I'm just a layman who comes up with crazy

      Anyway, here is the paragraph I read from your link:

      Video Capabilities
      The Tutor has the 9918ANL, same as the 99/8, which is functionally
      equivalent to the 9918A in the 99/4A (but not the 9918 in the 99/4).
      As such, it has the same screen resolution, characteristics and
      sprite capabilities.

      > Pyuutas turn up now and then. The last one I saw was up around four
      > ago and sold for a few hundred.

      As far as gameplay (not computing) is concerned, what is the main
      difference between using a Pyuuta vs. a Tutor? I am kinda under the
      impression that they will both play games from the other console, but
      I haven't been able to actually ask someone with both.

      > > Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself,
      > Welcome! :)

      Thanks... I'm just glad there is still anyone at all into this
      obscure and really fascinating console...

      http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --
      > Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic