391Re: Tomy Tutor/Pyuuta joypad pinout?

  • haohmaruus
    Jul 20, 2005
      > I didn't realize you could do that; I had to use my Pyuuta Mk II
      (which is
      > also RF only) with my Mac's TV tuner card set to Japanese
      frequencies. I'll
      > try your method and see how well it works. It might also work for
      my
      > Commodore Ultimax, but I don't remember if it tunes to channel 2.

      It's worth a shot, but it depends on the system and it depends on
      the TV. I've had success with a few Japanese systems like the Pyuuta
      Jr., Cassette Vision, and Super Cassette Vision. All of those work
      on channels 95 or 96. But my Famicom won't work on any channel for
      some reason, and I ended up having to mod it to output composite.

      Also, for reference: The Pyuuta Jr. appears to run fine off US
      power. Japanese stuff tends to run a bit hot on our power, but I've
      yet to have any problems with power supplies blowing out or
      anything. And I've tried with quite a few Japanese systems, like the
      X68000 and FM Towns and X1 and MSX and so on. I've been running my
      MSX off US power for over a year now and it still works fine and
      dandy.

      > Fortunate that the Pyuuta has composite output. By the way, any
      chance of
      > seeing the internals of the Pyuuta Jr? I'd like to see how the
      ROMs are
      > laid out.

      Sure, will do. I intend to take it apart to look at the joystick
      ports anyways.

      Does it only allow GRAPHIC, or does it have BASIC (I can't imagine
      > how, but ...) Is there any GBASIC support?

      I'll check again tonight, but I'm pretty sure the only option is
      GRAPHIC. Speaking of which, do you know if graphic can be controlled
      via joystick?

      And speaking of joysticks, now that I think about it I'm pretty sure
      the TI-99/4a joysticks aren't completely compatible with the Pyuuta,
      because the TI-99 sticks only have one button rather than two.
      Perhaps it does work but with just one button, but I'm going to do a
      little more research on it before I plug the TI-99 sticks in. I
      don't want to burn the port out or anything, so I'm going to at
      least ensure that the ground pins are in the same place.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic