320Re: Cartridges on Tape?

    Oct 17, 2003
      Nope, not possible. The Tomy Tutor does not have RAM in the ROM area
      in the way that some other computers do. And, even if it did, it
      would take forever to load them, as the Tomy Tutor tape loading is
      very slow. Also, Tomy Tutor BASIC has no PEEK, POKE, or
      SYS/EXEC/USR, so there's no useful way from TT BASIC to access the
      game cartridge even though it's plugged in.

      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "koltz1971" <corey_koltz@h...>
      wrote:
      > I am just wondering if it is possible to get the cartridges to run
      > off the tape drive? I know there are BASIC program for the ADAM
      and
      > Atari that allow you to do this. Since you can select to still run
      > BASIC while the cart is still plugged into the unit.
      >
      > BTW, I am the winner of the Tomy Tutor that was on eBay last
      month.
      > I saw somebody comment about it. Just got it yesterday and played
      > with it a little today. Not sure if I will get used to the
      chicklet
      > keyboard or not, but makes a nice addition to my collection.
      >
      > Corey
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic