232[Tomy Tutor ] Re: Game ROMs

    Apr 29, 2003
      I'm using the MAME CPU module. I tried the equivalent, and it didn't
      work with the MAME CPU. I think the MAME CPU has bugs -- either that
      or I'm not using it right.

      I wasn't using it right before, because some doofus at MAME decided
      that ReadMem16 and WriteMem16 would actually be byte-access things
      and not word-access things. Sheesh. They should 'a' just let the
      host computer decide how the moby was going to be laid out.

      --- In tomytutor@yahoogroups.com, "spirantho" <IanG@a...> wrote:
      > Emucompboy:
      >

      > Yes, IIRC it's an interrupt that drives the bars - you need to send
      > level 3 interrupt (I think - it seems to work). In my code look in
      > main.c at the main loop, you`ll see a line
      >

      > if (TMS9995_GetInterruptMask() >= 3)
      >

      > {
      >

      > TMS9995_TriggerInterrupt(0x03);
      >

      > The interrupt vectors are held at 0x0000 so interrupt level 3 gets
      the
      > new WP from 3*0x04 and the new PC from 3*0x04+0x02.
      >

      > That gets called after the TMS9995 has executed a 60th of a
      second's
      > worth of code (I`m not sure the Tutor ever existed in PAL form -
      has
      > anyone ever actually SEEN a Grandstand Tutor?).
      >

      > Try that and see what happens - if it works maybe your code will
      get
      > into BASIC, but I'd be very interested to find out if it falls over
      in
      > the same place as mine...
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic