To Aky

  • Manuel Peres Alonso
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2002
      My dear Aki

      I’m a little pessimistic because I believe that there is no clean energy.
      All forms of energy give us, in some way, rubbish.
      Them, it is necessary to take in consideration the rubbish that any form energy produce. But in our society you buy the cheapest energy and do not care about the long term consequences.
      By other way all the societies are competing in a free market (or near free market) them there is a strong need of inexpensives forms of energy.

      To reduce pollution we need to give a “economic cost” to the pollution generated by all the society, in that way we will find a cleaner world.

      Nuclear Energy is a form of energy that have made a big evolution. From better control, to improved waste management. But there is difficult to accept the time that is needed to keep the waste under surveillance (few centuries).

      In September last year I was one day in Nagasaki city in Japan. I visited a museum about the Portuguese presence in Japan in the XVI and XVII centuries. In the museum’s main door was written: “Love is stronger than dead” I believe in that!

      My Best Regards
      Manuel
      In Lisbon

      Manuel Peres Alonso