"Shadow's Rising": Come and Adventure in Middle Earth

  • Wulfnor
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2012
      In honor of "The Hobbit" movie coming out. I thought
      I might try to get a game going!

      This is a non-canon PC game. Though, one never knows
      who one will bump into when traveling upon the Great
      East Road! PCs will be beginning in Bree and in time,
      will most likely be drawn eastward. But one never
      knows in what direction circumstance and perhaps destiny
      might take them!

      It is late summer, the 28th day of the month of Urui or
      August as the Hobbits call it. In the year, 2990 of
      Third Age of Middle Earth. Circumstance or perhaps fate
      has brought you to be at The Inn of the Prancing Pony,
      in the Town of Bree, on this slighty cool breezy evening.
      Which only hints at The chillywinds of autumn that could
      be coming sooner then one might think. The harvest has
      began in the bountiful fields that surround Bree.

      (It's been near fifty years since Bilbo Baggins had his
      great adventure with those Dwarves in the east and north,
      in TA 2941 An returned to the Shire. And almost thirty
      years before the events of (LOTR) The War of the Ring, will
      take place. In TA 3018-19.)

      The rules used will be the easy to learn MERPS-lite, Middle-
      Earth Adventure Game. Which can be found for free at the
      link below:
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/38278809/Middle-earth-Adventure-Game-v4-0
      Game focus will be on Roleplaying, rather then Rollplaying!
      I'm looking for 5-6 Players, to play no more then one each of
      the following Races: Hobbit, Dwarf, Elf, Half-Elf, remaining
      number will need to be Human. An no more then 1 of each of
      the Profession of(Scout Ranger Rogue Warrior), an up to 2
      Spellcaster / Scholar PCs. Each of a different type chosen
      between the 3 types, Mage, Healer or Seer. Player's choice of
      Race and Profession are on a first come, first choice basis.
      Game Link:
      When requesting to join the Group. List a first and second
      choice of Race / Profession for the Player Character you would
      like to play. I hope you give usa try. Spots are filling up
      quickly.

      Good Gaming,
      He who Watches