Tolkien Appreciation Society

  • bobafett27_uk
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 23, 2000
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Tolkien Appreciation Society community.
    • arthur_deco
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 6, 2000
        Wow! Busy club.
      • ngflnein
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 30, 2000
          What's the deal on a new LotR movie? Whenis it supposed to be out?
        • kdboard
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 30, 2000
            I think it's supposed to be out next year or 2002. Liv Tyler's in it. That's cool.
          • kdboard
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 30, 2000
              Why didn't the eagles just fly someone to Mt Doom so the ring could be destroyed faster?
            • arthur_deco
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 30, 2000
                It's being shot in New Zealand.
              • thedave9
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 1, 2000
                  December 2001 release date.
                • kdboard
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 4, 2000
                    Was Gollum a hobbit?
                  • thedave9
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 6, 2000
                      He was a stoor. Possibly related to hobbits, but not sure.
                    • kdboard
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 6, 2000
                        What's a stoor?
                      • kdboard
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 21, 2000
                          I can hear it.
                        • kdboard
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 28, 2000
                            OK, everyone. Who's you most and least favorite
                            characters?<br><br>As for me: I've always admired Samwise. Courage.
                            Loyalty. Honesty. Proof that the meek and humble can
                            overcome.<br><br>Boromir always annoyed me. Must've been the lust in his
                            heart.
                          • thedave9
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 21, 2000
                              Boromir was an example of today's corrupted leader.
                            • arthur_deco
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 24, 2000
                                What do you mean?
                              • kdboard
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 1, 2002
                                  what an achievement
                                • thedave9
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 1, 2002
                                    woohoo!!!!!!
                                  • mariannrus2001
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 3, 2002
                                      Hello everybody, I just joined this club. <br>I
                                      began reading Tolkien last year and finished the LOTR 3
                                      books in two months. <br>My favorite characters are
                                      Legolas, Aragorn, Merry and Pip.<br>The least? I think
                                      it's Boromir, though being a Man he is just showing
                                      human nature, what do you think?<br>Mariannrus
                                      Greenleaf.
                                    • arthur_deco
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 5, 2002
                                        <<The least? I think it's Boromir, though
                                        being a Man he is just showing human nature, what do
                                        you think?>><br><br>Why would being a man have
                                        anything to do with it? Both good and bad human nature is
                                        equal opportunity.
                                      • mariannrus2001
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 8, 2002
                                          Of course is equal opportunity. What I said is that we can be as easily tempted as Boromir was.
                                        • arthur_deco
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 24, 2002
                                            Ok. I misread your original statement. I thought you meant he was weak "because" he was a man.
                                          • mariannrus2001
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jan 31, 2002
                                              No harm done.