TOAD Shortcuts

  • Davison, Kevin
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2001
      TOAD Shortcuts

      Can anyone tell me; when I select data in the SQL Window data grid with the ROWID to make it updateable, is there a shortcut to delete the records?

      Cheers

      Kevin Davison
      Corporate Applications
      Infineum UK Ltd.
      Work:   +44 (0)1235 469432
      Fax:    +44 (0)1235 549844
      Mobile: +44 (0)7770 770558

    • toadman
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2001
        Try Control-DEL

        > "Davison, Kevin" wrote:
        >
        > Can anyone tell me; when I select data in the SQL Window
        > data grid with the ROWID to make it updateable, is there a
        > shortcut to delete the records?
        >
        > Cheers
      • Davison, Kevin
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2001
          I see that Ctrl-Ins doesn't insert a record!
          Cheers
          Kevin Davison
          Corporate Applications
          Infineum UK Ltd.
          Work: +44 (0)1235 469432
          Fax: +44 (0)1235 549844
          Mobile: +44 (0)7770 770558

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2001
            More thought on this.
            Surely this option deserves to be seperated from the
            query builder as a seperate feature in it's own right.
            Would like to see it do a similar thing showing tables
            that reference the specified table as well, rather
            than just the ones it references.

            Basically a graphical version of the references tab on
            the schema browser...

            And wouldn't it be quicker if it didn't have to try
            and build the sql query at the same time?

            Don't know about other people, but for me this is a
            pretty exciting new feature, even if I guess you
            weren't planning for it to be used this way...

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2001
              Oops, my mistake. It does!
              Doesn't highlight self-referencing tables though.

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2001
                The process goes both ways (up and down the referential
                tree) to the number of levels that you specify with 0 of
                course menaing not to include anything but the selected
                table. No query is built by default IF you have the option
                to not auto select all columns enabled.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2001
                  Hmmm, ok you're right. But that rreally isn't taking any
                  time. The time is the inital fetch of the referential info
                  and then the columns & pkey info for each of the tables.

                • markcary306@yahoo.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2001

                    --- In toad@y..., toadman <toadman@t...> wrote:
                    > The process goes both ways (up and down the referential
                    > tree) to the number of levels that you specify with 0 of
                    > course menaing not to include anything but the selected
                    > table. No query is built by default IF you have the option
                    > to not auto select all columns enabled.
                    >

                    > > More thought on this.
                    > > Surely this option deserves to be seperated from the
                    > > query builder as a seperate feature in it's own right.
                    > > Would like to see it do a similar thing showing tables
                    > > that reference the specified table as well, rather
                    > > than just the ones it references.
                    > >
                    > > Basically a graphical version of the references tab on
                    > > the schema browser...
                    > >
                    > > And wouldn't it be quicker if it didn't have to try
                    > > and build the sql query at the same time?
                    > >
                    > > Don't know about other people, but for me this is a
                    > > pretty exciting new feature, even if I guess you
                    > > weren't planning for it to be used this way...
                  • Michael Frost
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 24, 2001
                      Hello,

                      This issue may have already been dealt with, so forgive me if I'm repeating.
                      Are there plans for TOAD to handle Oracle's password expiration
                      functionality? When we try to login to TOAD as a user with an expired
                      password, we receive a dialogue box with the 'ORA-028001' error and can go
                      no further. In SQL*Plus, we are prompted to change the password. We are
                      using version 7.1.7.21. TIA.

                      Michael Frost
                      DBA
                      InterTransact
                      www.InterTransact.com

                      This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
                      addressed. This communication may contain material protected by Luxembourg
                      law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
                      delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
                      received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
                      printing, or copying to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
                      received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify InterTransact by
                      telephone at +352 26 15 16 1.