Revealnet Products

  • schmoldt@fyiowa.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      We're beginning budget planning and I'm looking at adding some of the
      Revealnet products to our development toolset. These can be purchased either
      through Qwest or direct from Revealnet. Are these the same products?

      Qwest lists the Active PL/SQL Knowledge Base for $390. Revealnet lists it
      for $295. Anyone know what the difference is? Is it seamless integration?
      Upgrades? If we went with the Revealnet version, how well does that version
      integrate with TOAD?

      Qwest lists the PL/Formatter module for $125. Revealnet list the Formatter
      Plus module for $199. I think the Formatter Plus is a new and more powerful
      package? TOAD now looks to be including at least some of the PL Formatter
      options in the base package (or is this just in the Beta versions)? I'm
      confused!

      TOAD Debugger module: Our method of debugging is mostly DBMS_OUTPUT
      messages, with a rare fallback to the Oracle Procedure Editor debugger. How
      would users of the TOAD debugger module compare it to the Procedure Editor
      version?

      Does anyone know ballpark pricing of the Revealnet Developer's Tooklit for 5
      named users? I've sent e-mail to get pricing info, but we have a meeting
      soon and thought I might get at least a close figure quicker on this list.

      Thanks for any feedback.

      Dave