RE: [toad] September freeware is out - ERROR

  • Albers, Leo G
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
      The latest freeware version ( 6.2.9.1 g ) causes several errors:

      1. The following TOAD Error occurred at startup:

      The following error has occurred:

      Access violation at address 7766D91 in module
      'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00404381

      2. After selecting OK the TOAD "Server Login" window is
      displayed with all fields "blank".

      3. After entering a database,username and password the
      TOAD window is displayed - SMALL SIZE.

      4. Opening the schema browser shows only 3 tabs in the left pane.
      One is labeled "Tables" the other two are blank (Procs and Indexes).

      5. The toad.ini file is ignored.

      Another point is the difference in size of TOAD.EXE
      version 6.2.8.1 = 5.1 Mb (previous)
      version 6.2.9.1 = 3.9 Mb (current)

      Something happen with the compilation of the freeware version ?
      Regards,
      Leo

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
        Hallo,

        I can reproduce that here, if I copy the new version over the old version.
        If I use a new directory it works fine.

        German Windows NT 4, Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle 8.0.5

        With kind regards
        Ronald Breuer

        Condat AG Tel:+49.30.390 94-293
        Alt-Moabit 91d Fax:+49.30.390 94-300

        10559 Berlin http://www.condat.de

      • Peltier, Burt BV SEPCO
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
          I have also hit the exact same errors .

          I have not tried a new directory .

          Burton V. Peltier burt@... 504-728-0179

        • toadman
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
            > Another point is the difference in size of TOAD.EXE
            > version 6.2.8.1 = 5.1 Mb (previous)
            > version 6.2.9.1 = 3.9 Mb (current)
            >
            > Something happen with the compilation of the freeware version ?

            Yes, I compiled it without stuff that wasn't supposed to be in there!
            :)