Toad free-ware Listner error

  • kurtposer@usa.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I have successfully installed TOAD on my W2000 platform and have
      Oracle 8i running well, but I can't link them together. I get this
      TOAD ERROR when details ar copied from teh clipboard:

      ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

      Details:
      *** First assume we have a valid install and registry
      Building Oracle HOMES List
      HOME Name OraHome81 added to list.
      Found multiple homes, searching each HOMEx for valid PATH
      searching in SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0
      Oracle_Home found in SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 IS in system path!
      ***
      Oracle home is set to C:\Oracle\Ora81
      Bin path is set to C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin\
      oci.dll found
      Using: C:\ORACLE\ORA81\BIN\oci.dll

      My listener was configured through the configuration utility in
      Oracle 8i and completed without a problem. I am not totally sure
      what the LISTENER is and how to verify its proper setup, so I am at a
      stand-still. Could someone help me with this?

      Thanks,

      Kurt Poser
      kurtposer@...