[toad] Connection problems with Oracle 8i Personal Edition

  • Durose, Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      I have configured a listener using IPC for a Oracle8i Personal Edition
      Database. I can use sql*plus and PL/SQL Developer to connect via the
      listener to the Database, but when I try TOAD it hangs. I can see the TOAD
      session when I check in sqlplus ,but no sqledit window appears and the whole
      program freezes. If I don't use the listener with TOAD i.e. just put a @
      into the database field on Logon everything is OK. The Version of TOAD I am
      using is 6.3.3.14 Beta

      Listener Entry

      # C:\ORAWIN8I\NETWORK\ADMIN\LISTENER.ORA Configuration
      File:C:\orawin8i\NETWORK\ADMIN\listener.ora
      # Generated by Oracle Net8 Assistant

      LISTENER =
      (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
      (PROTOCOL_STACK =
      (PRESENTATION = TTC)
      (SESSION = NS)
      )
      )

      SID_LIST_LISTENER =
      (SID_LIST =
      (SID_DESC =
      (ORACLE_HOME = c:\orawin8i)
      (SID_NAME = ORCL)
      )
      )

      Tnsname Entry

      EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.IPO.ATT.COM =
      (DESCRIPTION =
      (SOURCE_ROUTE = OFF)
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = EXTPROC0))
      )
      (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = ORCL)
      (PRESENTATION = RO)