Re: RE: Re: RE: Toad 10.6.1.3 locks up when I try click the filter button

  • tonia_656
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011

      Message from: tonia_656

      Thanks for this fix, it solved one of my problems too
      I also have a problem with the logon window - where I connect to a database. Do you know which values should I change to get that to display again?

      _______________________________________

      Historical Messages

      Author: tonia_656
      Date: Tue Mar 01 01:29:07 PST 2011

      Thanks for this fix, it solved one of my problems too
      I also have a problem with the logon window - where I connect to a database. Do you know which values should I change to get that to display again?

      __

      Author: andrewmovius_968
      Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
      John,

      I replied to justoracledba about the problem with main screen not coming up. I looked at the Toad.ini file and found the [MainForm] area which changed when I moved the area around. I think the TOP number was negative and that changing it to a positive # would fix the problem.

      Andy

      __

      Author: John Dorlon
      Date: Tue Feb 22 06:18:28 PST 2011
      The window remembers its size and position. It sounds like it was just coming up off screen. So maybe you had 2 monitors or a large monitor one time you ran Toad and opened that window…then you moved it to a position that didn’t exist on your new monitor. I’ll try to repeat that scenario today and prevent it from being a problem in the next release.
      __

      Author: andrewmovius_968
      Date: Fri Feb 18 13:56:36 PST 2011
      John,

      That did it. Thanks for your help much better than reinstalling. Can you tell my what caused the problem in the first place?

      Andy
      __

      Author: John Dorlon
      Date: Fri Feb 18 12:35:04 PST 2011
      Hmm, I’m not sure what could be the problem, but I have some thoughts.When you click that button, the first thing we do is create parse the filter XML file. The file is User Files\ \ _TableFilters.XML. This file shouldn’t be very big and should parse very fast. We did have problems in the past with special characters in the schema name causing problems here, but I think that’s all fixed for 10.6.We may issue a couple of queries to load column and partition information. If your columns tab and partitions tab both load quickly, then there should be no problems here.Next, we create the form. This goes fast too and I can’t imagine that’s the problem.I just had a thought – are you sure it’s locked up and the dialog isn’t just off screen? Does your CPU usage go up or does Toad just freeze w/o CPU time? If no CPU time, try hitting ESC and see if you get control back. If you do, close Toad, edit Toad.ini (also in user files folder), look for these lines:FilterSortW=633FilterSortH=386FilterSortT=404FilterSortL=810(the numbers will be different)And delete them. Save and close Toad.ini, try Toad again.-John
      __

      Author: andrewmovius_968
      Date: Fri Feb 18 12:35:04 PST 2011

      The filter I'm haveing the issue with is used with tables and views. One my setup which I haven't customized so I assume it's pretty standard it sits on the left of the row of icons just above the data and below the various option tabs for the tables/views i.e. columns, indexes, constraints, triggers, data, etc.

      Thanks,

      Andy

      __

      Author: John Dorlon
      Date: Fri Feb 18 11:26:47 PST 2011
      Can you be more specific about which filter button? There are a few of them in Toad.
      __

      Author: andrewmovius_968
      Date: Fri Feb 18 11:26:47 PST 2011
      The filter worked fine up until about 10 days ago. In thinking back I killed a session where a filter hung for over an hour. I don't remember if I was able to use the filter function after that or not. I don't use Toad every day or even every other day so can't be sure if it worked after I killed that session. I believe I used task manager to kill the session.  I'm about ready to uninstall and reinstall unless someone has a better idea. Thanks. Andy
      __
      _______________________________________

    • John Dorlon
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2011

        Sorry for the delay.  Look for [LOGIN] in Toad.ini for the login window positions.

        Author: tonia_656
        Date: Tue Mar 01 01:29:07 PST 2011

        Author: andrewmovius_968
        Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
        John,

        Author: John Dorlon
        Date: Fri Feb 18 11:26:47 PST 2011

        Author: andrewmovius_968
        Date: Fri Feb 18 11:26:47 PST 2011
        The filter worked fine up until about 10 days ago. In thinking back I killed a session where a filter hung for over an hour. I don't remember if I was able to use the filter function after that or not. I don't use Toad every day or even every other day so can't be sure if it worked after I killed that session. I believe I used task manager to kill the session.  I'm about ready to uninstall and reinstall unless someone has a better idea. Thanks. Andy
        __
        _______________________________________

      • danielle.derby_281
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 15, 2011

          Message from: danielle.derby_281

          I am using the latest version of Toad for Oracle (11.x) and I started experiencing this same issue on Friday.  I've searched my harddrive for the TOAD.ini file without any luck.  I've installed the application to the default location, can you provide the actual path to this file so that I may try the fix you have posted?

          Thank you,

          Danielle

          _______________________________________

          Historical Messages

          Author: andrewmovius_968
          Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
          John,

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 16, 2011

            C:\Documents and Settings\%WINDOWS-USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\11.0\User Files

            C:\Users\%WINDOWS-USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\11.0\User Files

            Author: andrewmovius_968
            Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
            John,

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 17, 2011

              The easiest way to locate your toad.ini file (and all other user files) is View>Options>General. Under the "Application data directory" press "Open Folder."

              Author: John Dorlon
              Date: Wed Mar 02 12:16:22 PST 2011

              Author: tonia_656
              Date: Tue Mar 01 01:29:07 PST 2011

              Thanks for this fix, it solved one of my problems too Image removed by sender.

              Author: andrewmovius_968
              Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
              John,

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 17, 2011

                For me, it’s

                C:\Users\jdorlon\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\11.0\User Files\Toad.ini

                On Windows XP, it would be

                Author: andrewmovius_968
                Date: Wed Feb 23 10:08:05 PST 2011
                John,