RE: [toadbeta] Ability to execute SQL embedded within PL/SQL

  • SCHROEDER, NATHAN E [AG/1000]
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011

      … or even cooler – replace PL/SQL identifier references with binds, locate the constant references, and then set those as the values of the bind variables.  (Easier for me to correct if the algorithm found the wrong constant declaration, or if I want to try a different version.) Yeah, I know I’m getting greedy.

      Nate Schroeder

      Enterprise Services - Data Management Team

      Monsanto Company

      800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. LC4D - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

      314-694-2592

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
        Shift+F9 makes sense to me.

        Cheers,
        Norm. [TeamT]

        Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

        We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
        We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

        If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
      • Ed Klinger
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
          I vote for the shift-F9/ctrl-enter option too. I also wouldn't mind
          seeing what Jeff said about the options under the Refactor menu to copy
          to clipboard or send to an Editor. Good stuff!!

          Ed
          [TeamT]

          On 1/31/2011 5:08 PM, Michael Staszewski wrote:

          > I would love more than anything to use Shift+F9 for this. :-)
          >
          > Shift+F9 has a strong following though so any changes there are usually
          > met with brutal opposition. I didn't "pond" this item since it's going
          > to make it into the produce anyway so I'm hoping to find some consensus
          > on how to surface it.
          >
          > In its current form it will just replace all PL/SQL identifier
          > references with binds. It would be nice if it could locate PL/SQL
          > constant references and just use the constant value instead of making
          > those binds, but that will be in version 2 most likely.
          >
          > Michael

          Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail communication and the attachments hereto,
          if any, are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified
          above and may contain information which is legally privileged and/or otherwise confidential.
          If a recipient of this e-mail communication is not an addressee (or an authorized
          representative of an addressee), such recipient is hereby advised that any review,
          disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this e-mail
          communication (or any information contained herein) is strictly prohibited. If you are
          not an addressee and have received this e-mail communication in error, please advise the
          sender of that circumstance either by reply e-mail or by telephone at (407) 384-8818
          immediately delete this e-mail communication from any computer and destroy all physical
          copies of same.

          Replies Filtered: Any incoming e-mail reply to this communication will be electronically
          filtered for "spam" and/or "viruses." That filtering process may result in such reply
          being quarantined (i.e., potentially not received at our site at all) and/or delayed in
          reaching us. For that reason, we cannot guarantee that we will receive your reply and/or
          that we will receive it in a timely manner. Accordingly, you should consider sending
          communications to us which are particularly important or time-sensitive by means other
          than e-mail.
        • Michael Staszewski
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
            That's already part of the request and will surely be there to extract and use elsewhere. The big question is how to surface an execute from PL/SQL feature. Shift+F9 seems to be the likely candidate so I'll shoot for that and it can always be tweaked later if needed.

            Michael