question or feature request

  • George.Meltser@aigfpc.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
      It is very inconvenient to edit a big pl/sql package in SE. You have to scroll the whole thing to find a function/or procedure that needs modification.
      The SB format is much more convenient to do the edits, you click on the function/procedure on the left side and the focus immediately goes to the code on the right side.

      Is it possible to allow pl/sql edits in SB?

      pl/sql developer works very similar and very convenient.

    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

        It’s been there for quite awhile, must make sure you have the ‘Navigator’ opened.

        What is pl/sql developer?

        You can’t edit the source in the browser, you have to open in the editor.

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

          And with the code folding, you can hide any portions of the code you don’t need to see as well.

          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

            If anyone would like, I could do a livemeeting, say 90 minutes, and do a toad tips ‘n’ tricks presentation that would cover all the basic IDE features and stuff from the schema browser, just let me know offline

              Jeff.smith@...

            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

              I’ve had 2 people show interest so far, if I can get 20 or so, I’ll set it up for probably next week…

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

                Using the Navigator in MOE is very easy and works very well in 9.7.

                Just a slight hint. In the DECLARATION the navigator gathers together variable definitions under a sub heading and TYPES (and Cursors) under the type subheading. So the Navigator may not show you the objects in the declaration in sequence. But when you get used to that you can bounce all over the place with ease.

                Also the bookmarks are saved so when you open an object with bookmarks they can be used without recreation.

                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
                  This is good.
                  Is there an easy way to open a navigator for a particular SE window? (i did it by Restore Default Desktop only).

                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009
                    Right click in the editor window and select "Desktop Panels"-->Navigator or from the main menu Editor-->Desktop Panels...

                    Once you have the layout you want you can save your editor desktop.  In the second row you should see a dropdown box with "Desktop:" next to it.  To the right of that is a save icon.  You can save different settings for your PL/SQL tabs vs. your SQL tabs.  For instance on my PL/SQL tabs I have the Navigator on the Left and for my SQL tabs I have the Navigator on the right, also on the bottom on my SQL tab I have the data grid, dbms Output tabs and so on open.  On my PL/SQL tab I do not have those open.

                    Ed
                    [TeamT]

                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 1, 2009

                      OK, we have a quorum, no more requests needed J

                      Look for the Outlook invite shortly…you’ll want to get the livemeeting client installed beforehand so you don’t have any issues.  We’ll go early AM on the 10th so our Euro friends can join in if they’d like.

                      I’ll have an 800# for the phone.

                      Jeff