Re: [toad] Toad and Multiple Monitors

  • Rob Zijlstra
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2009
      I too have two monitors and never have any problem with any feature of TOAD.

      2009/6/30 Madvig, Daniel B <DBMadvig@...>

      I too have two monitors (tho side-by-side) and the code completion windows don’t appear for me either. L I wonder if you’re onto something.

      Dan

      Daniel B Madvig
      Computer Technologies

      http://thejournal.nwc.edu/picture_library/NWC_Web_H_Tag_SM.gif

      Northwestern College & Northwestern Media
      3003 Snelling Ave.
      St. Paul, MN 55113
      www.nwc.edu

      651.631.5323

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
      The problem I run into with Toad 9.7.2.5 on Windows XP Pro SP3 is that, if
      I last used a pop up window on the secondary monitor and then use the PC
      without the secondary monitor the pop up window opens on the nonexistent
      monitor and there's no way to move it. I wind up closing toad and editing
      the .ini file to change the creation position of the window.

      It would be nice if Toad made sure the secondary monitor was attached
      before opening windows there.

      Regards,
      Brian Keegan
      Oracle DBA
      Bristolwest Insurance Group

      Rob Zijlstra
      <robertjan.zijlst
      ra@...> To
      Sent by: toad@yahoogroups.com
      toad@yahoogroups. cc
      com
      Subject
      Re: [toad] Toad and Multiple
      07/01/2009 01:47 Monitors

      Please respond to
      toad@yahoogroups.
      com

      --
      Regards, Met Vriendelijke Groeten

      Rob Zijlstra

      ***** PLEASE NOTE ***** This E-Mail/telefax message and any
      documents accompanying this transmission may contain privileged
      and/or confidential information and is intended solely for the
      addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended
      addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
      disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of
      this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may
      result in legal action against you. Please reply to the sender
      advising of the error in transmission and immediately
      delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents. Thank
      you.*****
    • Jaeger, John G (GE Healthcare)
      Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
        I have the same problem, here's how to move it back:

        Use Alt-Tab to select Toad or any other program that's out of view.

        Press Alt-Spacebar which is like clicking the icon in the top left corner of the window you selected.

        Press the letter M on keyboard which selects the move command.

        Then use your cursor keys to move the window into view.

        Press Enter key when the window is where you want it.

        Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009

          John:

          But you shouldn’t have to do all this.  Although it may need several iterations and user input, apps like Toad should handle the switch between a and 2 screens automatically.  It is just the nature of how work is done these days.  I work with 2 screens in my cubicle and 1 at home or at meetings.

          Dave

[...]

        • Michael Staszewski
          Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
            The login window issue should be fixed in the next version.

            Michael