Re: [toad] Re: ER: Not include SET DEFINE OFF and COMMIT when exporting columns as INSERTs

  • Kevin Angus
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      Yes, that's how I often use it too, taking inserts from here and there to build a larger script.

      Also, if I am actually using some variables in the script a stray SET DEFINE OFF would potentially cause problems.

      An option for this would be helpful.

      Cheers,

      Kevin.

      On 1 May 2009, at 00:20, Richard Squires wrote:

      I was getting a number of INSERT statements from various tables to create a single INSERT script to do an initial data population. I needed to remove the SET DEFINE and COMMIT every time I pasted a new set of statements into my script. It would like TOAD to just create the INSERT statements and leave it up to me to include SQL*Plus commands (or to at least have the option).