[toad] New Editor Is Here!

  • toadman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 2:13 PM
      The new editor and all associated enhancements is done. You can
      download from the main TOAD page. This is released as beta only at this
      time.

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/toad/
    • toadman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 2:41 PM
        > So far, so good! Only problem I have had so far is that the drag/drop from
        > Windows Explorer into the SQL editor doesn't work anymore. It copies in
        > the directory path and filename instead of the file contents.

        I'll look into it. Dropping files was not on my list to test :)

        > Sorry to hear the cam operation didn't go so well.

        I just ran out of time. I hit a stumper on Saturday that took about 6
        hours to overcome (in the editor, not the cam). After that, I was very
        hard pressed to get a release out for Monday.

        I have been disappointed that there hasn't been more chatter in the
        mialing list about the editor. I guess that means a lot of folks don't
        care for the new features. Sigh.....

        > My brother finally has
        > his Harley back together after several years. It sounds like shit though.
        > Something like mashed potato...mashed potato...mashed potato. I think he
        > still has some work to do!

        Several years? Damn. I just missed one great weekend and I'm
        seriously bummed out.

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/toad/
      • Christian Guenther
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 11:47 PM
          toadman schrieb:

          > I just ran out of time. I hit a stumper on Saturday that took about 6I have
          > been disappointed that there hasn't been more chatter in the
          > mialing list about the editor. I guess that means a lot of folks don't
          > care for the new features. Sigh.....

          Today I started working with the new editor. I like it very much. The feature I'm
          using very often is the substitution and the bookmarking. This are things I like
          very much.I only found one point, that was a little surprising for me. In the
          editor tablenames are shown in the colour of Identifiers. Also if I go to the
          editing options and click in the code example on a table name the Identifiers are
          highlighted.
          It seems to me as if Toad does not recognize that it's a table.

          Christian

          ----
          Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/toad/