RE: [toad] Search Functionality

  • Dunbar, Norman
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2008
      Morning Michael,

      >> If you have the option set to use Unix style line feeds and
      >> you still need to use \r\n then I'd say that's a bug. I'll
      >> take a peek at it in a bit.

      9.5GA seems ok when files are saved in Unix format, "\r" cannot be
      found, "\n" can. "\n\n" does indeed find two contiguous linefeeds.

      Thanks.

      Cheers,
      Norm. [TeamT]

      Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

      Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

      We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
      We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

      If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

      World Environment Day 2008 - Time for a new routine. Take part in our campaign by telling us what one thing you will do to stand up to climate change. Visit our website to tell us and find out more: www.environment-agency.gov.uk/wed
    • Simoneau, Roger
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hey Norm;

        >> 9.5GA seems ok when files are saved in Unix format, "\r" cannot be
        >> found, "\n" can. "\n\n" does indeed find two contiguous linefeeds.

        You indicate it's good when the files are saved with the Unix format selected. Could you confirm just an open tab with the Unix settings set? That should also allow such a search (for example, if you have a package opened in the database to edit).

        Thanks!
        Roger

        PLEASE NOTE:
        This communication, including any attached documentation,
        is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed,
        and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information.
        Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action on the contents
        please contact us immediately so we may correct our records.
        Please then delete or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply.
        Thank you.
      • Dunbar, Norman
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2008
          Morning Roger,

          >> You indicate it's good when the files are saved with the
          >> Unix format selected. Could you confirm just an open tab
          >> with the Unix settings set? That should also allow such a
          >> search (for example, if you have a package opened in the
          >> database to edit).

          Opening a package from the database results in Windows format with the
          "\r\n\r\n" being required to find two consecutive end of lines. Hmmmm,
          now that could be confusing if you both load from a file and load from
          the database.