RE: [toad] Toad Subversion Integration Problem

  • Dunbar, Norman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Morning Niraj,

      >> I am trying to integrate Toad with Subversion. I have Toad
      >> 9.6 & Subversion version 1.4.6, Tortoise SVN client version 1.4.8
      Me too.

      >> I am also using Subversion SCC Plug-in for TortoiseSVN
      >> i.e. TortoiseSVNSCC.
      Me too. But note that while subversion has moved along and improved, the
      SCC has not changed at all.

      >> After completing all setup & checking out the SVN data
      >> into local machine, when I am trying to Modify & Check-In
      >> the file it displays Check-out dialog box.
      This happens and is irritating. My own installation which has worked for
      ages, now doesn't and gives the same problems as you are seeing.

      There are two things you can do now :

      * Go to the files area for the toad group on Yahoogroups.com and
      download the document there about how to get Toas, TortoiseSCC and
      Subversion working together; or

      * Join the Beta program for Toad. The latest Beta has replaced 'legacy
      version control' with an interface direct to Tortoise - so when you
      'check in' it calls Tortoise to check in for you. You can join the Beta
      if you are current on maintenance.

      Cheers,
      Norm. [TeamT]

      Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
    • Pradhan, Niraj
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008

        Hi Norman,

           I have tried same thing with Toad Beta 9.7 version & still same problem.

           Do I need to do any different setup with 9.7? Currently I have selected TortoiseSVNSCC as a source control provider in legacy source control option in Toad’s option/team Coding tab.

           Does Toad Beta supports Branches in SVN? With CVS I got a reply from Toad support as they don’t support CVS branches in Toad.

        Regards,

        Niraj

        >> I am trying to integrate Toad with Subversion. I have Toad
        >> 9.6 & Subversion version 1.4.6, Tortoise SVN client version 1.4.8
        Me too.

        >> I am also using Subversion SCC Plug-in for TortoiseSVN
        >> i.e. TortoiseSVNSCC.
        Me too. But note that while subversion has moved along and improved, the
        SCC has not changed at all.

        >> After completing all setup & checking out the SVN data
        >> into local machine, when I am trying to Modify & Check-In
        >> the file it displays Check-out dialog box.
        This happens and is irritating. My own installation which has worked for
        ages, now doesn't and gives the same problems as you are seeing.

        There are two things you can do now :

        * Go to the files area for the toad group on Yahoogroups. com and
        download the document there about how to get Toas, TortoiseSCC and
        Subversion working together; or

        * Join the Beta program for Toad. The latest Beta has replaced 'legacy
        version control' with an interface direct to Tortoise - so when you
        'check in' it calls Tortoise to check in for you. You can join the Beta
        if you are current on maintenance.

        Cheers,
        Norm. [TeamT]

        Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment- agency.gov. uk

        "The information in this electronic mail ("e-mail") message may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged, or may otherwise be protected by work product or other legal rules.
        It is solely for the use of the individual(s) or the entity(ies) originally intended.  Access to this electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized.
        If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information,
        or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
        Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this electronic message by mistake, and destroy all copies of the original message.

        The sender believes that this e-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, malicious code and/or other contaminants when sent.
        E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, so this message and its attachments could have been infected, corrupted or made incomplete during transmission.
        By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for any viruses or other defects that may arise, and for taking remedial action relating to such viruses and other defects.
        Neither Wyndham Worldwide Corporation nor any of its affiliated entities is liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from, or for errors or omissions in the contents of, this message or its attachments."
      • Gregory Liss
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
        • Pradhan, Niraj
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008

            I don’t see additional listing for Tortoise SVN. I am doing something wrong?

            In the current beta, there should be an additional listing for Tortoise SVN for the native support

            Branching will not be supported at this time since it's a complex task and should be done via the native source control interface.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
              Hi Niraj,

              >> I have tried same thing with Toad Beta 9.7 version &
              >> still same problem.
              I think there's an option in Toad 9.7 (probably in the source control
              section itself) but I'm not sure yet - I've not got access to the bete
              here yet. Greg will probably post a message when he arrives on-line
              today about it. I don't think you need the SCC anymore when checking out
              using the Tortoise commands though. Toad talks directly to TortoiseSVN
              and doesn't need an intermediate SCC dll.

              >> Do I need to do any different setup with 9.7? Currently I
              >> have selected TortoiseSVNSCC as a source control provider in
              >> legacy source control option in Toad's option/team Coding tab.
              As I mention above, I don't think you need it anymore.

              >> Does Toad Beta supports Branches in SVN? With CVS I got a
              >> reply from Toad support as they don't support CVS branches in Toad.
              At the moment, it supports the same as CVS.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
                • Brad Boddicker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008

                    Did you download beta.zip and extract into your application folder after you ran the beta installer?  There are 2 parts to get you going on the beta, 1) install, 2) update.

                    Just checking.