RE: [toad] Database monitor number of session

  • Dunbar, Norman
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 1, 2008
      Morning Karl,

      >> for sessions I was hitting the max of 170. Why does TOAD not show the
      >> correct number of sessions? It seems like it is close to half (as
      >> about 10 connection seem to fail) the number of actual session.

      It's not something as simple as Toad running 'extra' session in the
      background for it's own use is it? To be honest, I suspect not as they
      will appear in V$SESSION as well.

      I can't explain why V$SESSION doesn't match up to V$RESOURCE_LIMIT
      though. In my database, there are 16 rows in V$SESSION and
      V$RESOURCE_LIMIT shows that I have 16 currently_allocated sessions and a
      max of 60. This max agrees with the SESSION parameter in the spfile.

      Cheers,
      Norm. [TeamT]

      Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
    • Dunbar, Norman
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 3, 2008
        Morning Steve,

        >> Norm - wonderful article. However, the Albert Einstein
        >> story is suspect.... there are other versions of that story
        >> that predate Albert's, although my folklore source has a
        >> copyright date late enough that it cannot be cited as proof.

        I suspect quite a few are probably apocryphal, I gave you the link for
        the 'after 12 noon' bit.

        >> Am I to deduce from this article that you are actually in
        >> Ireland? Or Northern Ireland? Britain itself is not cited
        >> as having the rule, in the article, perhaps because it's
        >> presumed common knowledge.

        The mention of Ireland (and Cyprus) are given as examples of the 'some
        countries' where the rule applied. The UK is indeed one of those - as
        confirmed by the following extract in my posting :

        >> Are there rules for April Fool's pranks?
        >> In the UK, from 12 noon, on April Fool's Day, if a joke
        >> is played, the joke is on its perpetrator rather than its victim.
        >> Don't break the rules.

        And the UK is where I am, I'm originally from Elgin in the North East of
        Scotland, but I've been resident in Yorkshire since 1986. Originally
        Bradford but now Leeds.

        >> One last observation: The U.S. and the U.K. - two countries
        >> divided by a common language.

        Love it! :-)

        Cheers,
        Norm.