Re: [toad] Start Debugging and getting "File not found"

  • Rumpi Gravenstein
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
      Bert,

      Thank you for your insight.

      I've just tracked down the issue.  Our administrators recently switched us from using tnsnames.ora to an ldap configuration .  I'm not sure how to see the specifics of the ldap configuration, but what I do know, when I switch it back to the old tnsnames.ora configuration everything works.  I've got to believe that the connection is the same for both environments -- but I'll check to verify that tomorrow when the oid fellow shows up.  I'm wondering if there are any known issues with LDAP against RAC and using the debugger.

      By the way, I asked a fellow I work with that is using Version 9 of Toad to see if he can use the debugger.  He gets a similar error, with slightly more information.  What would be helpful is if Toad would give a little a more information about exactly where it is/what it is doing when it gets the "File not found".

      I'll post again once I track this down completely.

        --
        Rumpi Gravenstein

        --
        Rumpi Gravenstein

        --
        Rumpi Gravenstein
      • Gregory Liss
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
          Rumpi,
            I think you just may have found the problem.  The "file not found" error you're getting is from the debugger looking for the TNS Names file to make the additional connection.  Adding the TNS Names file (and following the instructions from Bert) will fix your issue.   This was also fixed in 9.5 where you can connect using LDAP to a RAC and debug (no TNS Names required).

          Greg

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
            Greg,

            Thanks for confirming the issue.  I'll work with my administrators here either to upgrade or revert to the tnsnames.ora configuration.